vs. PIRATES, 9/26

OFFNY

9 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I was sitting with my Dad in the right field bleachers...Roberto Clemente hit a homer about 5 feet away from us and his throw from the right field corner on a Buford double was on a line and was the most amazing throw I have ever seen in person...He was a force of nature..

He sure was. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Glad I am not old enough to remember 79. Wasn't around for the first one.  

I remember both. Was in 4th grade in '71 and a senior in '79 and was glued to all of it. I never hated the Pirates as I liked a lot of their players. The only thing I hated about the Pirates was their theme song "We Are Family" in '79. I actually heard it in a bar on Pratt St. after an O's game a few years ago playing on some satellite radio feed. I looked around to see if anyone else was as disturbed as I was. 

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

I was at Game 6 in 1971 that we won 3-2 in ten innings on this sac fly by Brooks scoring Frank Robinson...

My favorite memory of that series was this game. I clearly remember being at my Grandma's house watching it (I was in 4th grade) and her TV got NBC better than we did as she was on a hill. So I insisted we go there to watch all the games there. And one of my treasured baseball cards was the World Series baseball card of Frank sliding under the leaping Sanguillen. 

Archived