2018 draft order tracker/reverse standings

bird watcher

43 minutes ago, bird watcher said:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/powerrankings/majors/

For those who are checking standings for our 2018 draft order. 

So the Orioles can draft as high as ninth or as low as seventeenth. Angels and Mariners play each other. Only five teams in the AL will have winning records. Last time that happened in the AL was back in 1997 with fourteen teams. I guess you can call it parity or something else.

23 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So the Orioles can draft as high as ninth or as low as seventeenth. Angels and Mariners play each other. Only five teams in the AL will have winning records. Last time that happened in the AL was back in 1997 with fourteen teams. I guess you can call it parity or something else.

I think you'd call it lack of parity.   There hasn't been a 100-win team in the AL since 2009, and there haven't been two in the same season since 2002 (Houston's at 99 with three games to play).

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think you'd call it lack of parity.   There hasn't been a 100-win team in the AL since 2009, and there haven't been two in the same season since 2002 (Houston's at 99 with three games to play).

Yeah hoping for a #Houstonstrong finish to 100!  Another crazy possibility is a Yankee/Sawx tie in the AL East requiring a playoff to see who "earns" the wildcard berth.   Schadenfreude requires me to hope for a tie so that Yankees have to use another P and finally lose to the Twins after losing the AL East (see ya).  Not sure where they would play the AL East playoff (wow - more travel)?  Houston and Cleveland could end up tying for best record in AL also right?  Lots of chaos on who would meet the wildcard winner. 

Just a reminder that the tie-breaker is not H2H record, but 2016 standings. So the most likely range for the O's is 10-14. The O's would only get the better pick if they end up tied with Texas or Toronto (I'm not sure what the 2nd tiebreaker is since the O's/Jays also had the same record in 2016, but I assume it is 2015 record). 

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It is not parity that is for sure. For September of the second wild card teams who were in the chase so far  for the month , none have a winning record. Twins are .500 only because they beat up the Tigers for four games.

Twins 13-13

Rays- 10-14

Orioles- 7-18

Royals- 13-14

Angles- 9-16

Mariners- 11-14

Rangers- 10-16

A's were 16-10 and Jays were 13-12 but they were never close to the second wild card.

On 9/29/2017 at 8:45 AM, Going Underground said:

It is not parity that is for sure. For September of the second wild card teams who were in the chase so far  for the month , none have a winning record. Twins are .500 only because they beat up the Tigers for four games.

Twins 13-13

Rays- 10-14

Orioles- 7-18

Royals- 13-14

Angles- 9-16

Mariners- 11-14

Rangers- 10-16

A's were 16-10 and Jays were 13-12 but they were never close to the second wild card.

What could have been. We were like 2 back to start the month. 

On 9/29/2017 at 8:19 AM, fearthenoodle said:

Just a reminder that the tie-breaker is not H2H record, but 2016 standings. So the most likely range for the O's is 10-14. The O's would only get the better pick if they end up tied with Texas or Toronto (I'm not sure what the 2nd tiebreaker is since the O's/Jays also had the same record in 2016, but I assume it is 2015 record). 

It looks like we'll draft 11 or 12.  Pitt and Oak both had worse records in 2016 so they would win even if we tie. 

Rooting for a Jays win tonight although if 2015 is the second tie breaker we win if we lose tonight again and draft 11. Anybody know if that is indeed the second tie breaker after 2016 record?

Archived