Adam on the Buck/Dan relationship

wildcard

Did anyone else see Adam talk about Dan and Buck?

To paraphrase it went something like this:   Dan and Buck need to get together and talk about how to get better starting pitching.  if they can.   Maybe they can talk of the phone or something.   

That is the first I have heard a player imply there is tension between Buck and Dan.    Rosenthal has been beating that drum but he likes to stir that pot even if nothing exists.

Did anyone else hear what Adam said and  did you think it was implying tension  be Dan and Buck?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

When did this occur? During an interview during a game?  Source?

If you go to MASN and click on the videos you will see Adam talking.   Unfortunately they cut out the portion I am  posting about.   They played the clip on Adam during the game or maybe just before.  I can't remember which.

14 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If you go to MASN and click on the videos you will see Adam talking.   Unfortunately they cut out the portion I am  posting about.   They played the clip on Adam during the game or maybe just before.  I can't remember which.

A lot of those quotes are also in an article that came out yesterday. I thought it was MASN but maybe it was a Baltimore Sun article. 

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

It would be interesting if we ran a poll on OH simply asking responders do they favor firing Buck, Dan, both or neither? I would welcome Tony's comments and I think John Angelos might be interested in what plays out in this exercise.

If The board will pardon my lack of sensitivity, if John Angelos would be interested beyond folly, in what the boards opinion of Buck and or Dan would be. Well one can only hope that when the time comes, the Orioles are sold to responsible people. 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Did anyone else see Adam talk about Dan and Buck?

To paraphrase it went something like this:   Dan and Buck need to get together and talk about how to get better starting pitching.  if they can.   Maybe they can talk of the phone or something.   

That is the first I have heard a player imply there is tension between Buck and Dan.    Rosenthal has been beating that drum but he likes to stir that pot even if nothing exists.

Did anyone else hear what Adam said and  did you think it was implying tension  be Dan and Buck?

If that's all he said that they need to get better pitching doesn't imply that there is tension between them. There may be but I don't see where AJ is implying that. 

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

It would be interesting if we ran a poll on OH simply asking responders do they favor firing Buck, Dan, both or neither? I would welcome Tony's comments and I think John Angelos might be interested in what plays out in this exercise.

Well I wouldn't cry if Buck and Dan where fired. 

2 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Well I wouldn't cry if Buck and Dan where fired. 

You might be moved to tears when you see who replaces them.

I worry that Duquette's successor will be either an "old-school" type who hasn't kept up with today's game or Brady Anderson and that, if that hire has a lot to say about Buck's successor, as he should, that won't go well either.

20 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

You might be moved to tears when you see who replaces them.

I worry that Duquette's successor will be either an "old-school" type who hasn't kept up with today's game or Brady Anderson and that, if that hire has a lot to say about Buck's successor, as he should, that won't go well either.

Got no problem w/Brady - even gave me his cell #, something NOONE .@ the TROP would do!   .... He's thr only person to  express an interest in a Sarasota, Clearwater, Fl, and former Baltimore fan who brings folks to see BBall games, often @ my own expense.,...... to supprtr the Rays & O's....

Hec, I dropped $1900 plus taking folks to the TROPthis year  and  on Suite 29, and sec 311,   313,  & 300 Fri nite. plus food (over $250) and they (Rays crapped all over me. -  kicked out 6 cheap bobbleheads of "action heros" after a visit to give them a check,  and several unreturned phone calls. 

Hi Bob it's Brady Anderson.  This is not my area but I'd be happy to try to help you out.  My cell phone is xxx-xx5 -8699. Send me a text and we can discuss further.  If you're not being accommodated in a way that's fair I'll happily leave you tickets to a game of your choice.  Don't want to lose you as a fan. Take care,
BA 

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2017, at 4:20 PM, Bob Brinkman <rbrinkmanbob@hotmail.com> wrote: ( before going to the TROP)

Hi Elise, Matt... & OTHERS HOPE things are well IN MD & BMORE, & Sarasota;

Rays are taking good care of us CERTs (Community Emergency Response Teams,) and Balt fans.... (SEE BELOW)

Rays (almost) step up to honor (almost)  Largo Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) volunteers and others............ w/6 bobbleheads.......Didn't even get a visit from TOM, the Suite rep. .... but some folks @ the Gate really did the RAYS NO FAVORS, with 5 different "points of view" on things. ......Will they ever get stadium/ park enhancement $$$ from Gov. Rick Scott or ST. PETE -  As an "advisor/insider" NEVER A DIME. No Brag, just fact. Front line HELP still rocks!! Too bad MGMT., Fron office, Sales doesn't.

I think it's time to rebuild, a half season at least too late.  The team needs a new manager at least, and probably some clarification of Brady's role. If he's going to have a major role in personnel decisions, he shouldn't be living with and making friends with players, hanging out in the locker room etc.   I think the team (and Brady himself) needs to decide what his role is, because this ambiguous role is going to sow discord in the organization.

I think Brady would be a good GM if he let the buddy-buddy stuff with the players go.  If he wants to keep working out with players, helping them train and develop, then he needs to go through the chain of command and can't be allowed to bypass the GM and directly influence ownership.  

I'm not against extending DD and telling him to go ahead and rebuild though.

The scary thing is, this is not the off-season to go after starting pitching.  I have a feeling that, aside from Bundy and Gausman, at least two of our starters will come from this group- Tillman, Miley, Wright, Asher, Aquino, Scott, Ynoa, Castro.  

We aren't putting out the money for the top guys on the market- right now Arrieta and Darvish (both over 30) and could possibly include Cute and Tanaka if they opt out.  The second tier is Alex Cobb and Lance Lynn, and I see them getting at least 5 years, $75 million apiece, and that is going to take the Orioles out of the running for them.  Even taking a flier on a reclamation project could prove to be an expensive one year deal.  

So that leaves a trade to accomplish the goal of hopefully acquiring a TORP.  Considering how we've approached this in the past, a trade of this magnitude is going to be hard to work out, if the Orioles even do it at all.  Now, we have an excess of bullpen arms and OF prospects behind Hays who could get a deal done, and the FA market could give us a replacement bullpen arm, but even then, given the organizational philosophy, do we really see them pulling off a deal for a guy like Gerrit Cole on the market?  

I have a feeling that we bring back Tillman or Miley, let the rest of the guys who have started this year battle it out, and try to dumpster dive on the trade market, and they hope and pray that results are different this year.  It's not the recipe for success, but like I said, this is not the off-season to acquire starting pitching.  

6 hours ago, foxfield said:

If The board will pardon my lack of sensitivity, if John Angelos would be interested beyond folly, in what the boards opinion of Buck and or Dan would be. Well one can only hope that when the time comes, the Orioles are sold to responsible people. 

This, so much lol

9 hours ago, foxfield said:

Thank you!

20 hours ago, foxfield said:

The poor wording in this has me super confused. Can someone explain to me what this means?

Archived