Dan wants to reload, not rebuild

Frobby

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this ridiculous comment by DD?

“You know, this is the big leagues,” he said. “I don’t know who rebuilds in the American League East. In the American League East you reload, OK? And then you try to have as good a team as you can the next season as you did the past season.

He said we had a good season this year, he said he will have as good as season next year as this year. 

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

“You know, this is the big leagues,” he said. “I don’t know who rebuilds in the American League East. In the American League East you reload, OK? And then you try to have as good a team as you can the next season as you did the past season.

He said we had a good season this year, he said he will have as good as season next year as this year. 

I think he means he wants the 2018 team to win 75 games.

7 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

So Tampa and Toronto traded all their assets away?  Longoria is with the Giants? Archer with the Cubs? 

The old bash GM section.  When he said we are going to look to improve the OBP and starting pitching the same people complaining say.  Yeah like we believe anything what DD says.  That just talk.  Now he says we not going to rebuild and those same people screeming at him for saying this and told you look what DD is saying.  No matter what they complain.  He says what they want to hear say he just talking smoke say what they don't want hear come screaming and take it as truth.

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

The old bash GM section.  When he said we are going to look to improve the OBP and starting pitching the same people complaining say.  Yeah like we believe anything what DD says.  That just talk.  Now he says we not going to rebuild and those same people screeming at him for saying this and told you look what DD is saying.  No matter what they complain.  He says what they want to hear say he just talking smoke say what they don't want hear come screaming and take it as truth.

When exactly did Dan improve team OBP and where has the pitching been the last few seasons?

You really should admit that the "same people" were right about him blowing smoke.

The last three seasons the team OBP has been 307, 317, 313.

57 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Right now at this point, we could very well be next years version of the Tigers: big payroll and heading for last place. Maybe this is John Angelos' plan: one last shot in '18 and rebuild with a new management team in '19.

I don't see Dan staying in the Warehouse one second longer than he has to regardless.  If everybody at the top is of the same mind, then the only question I have is how much is there to spend on 2018?

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

When exactly did Dan improve team OBP and where has the pitching been the last few seasons?

You really should admit that the "same people" were right about him blowing smoke.

The last three seasons the team OBP has been 307, 317, 313.

think his point is not to believe what DD says. ie his claim to improving OBP. Who knows what he does. I don't believe anything at this point.

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

think his point is not to believe what DD says. ie his claim to improving OBP. Who knows what he does. I don't believe anything at this point.

The only reason I believe what Dan is saying now is because I saw this scenario unfolding a couple of years ago.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The only reason I believe what Dan is saying now is because I saw this scenario unfolding a couple of years ago.

I'm not positive that Peter hasn't told him to keep the band together for one more go at it as well. I am often curious as to what he would really do if he had full autonomy.

53 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I don't see Dan staying in the Warehouse one second longer than he has to regardless.  If everybody at the top is of the same mind, then the only question I have is how much is there to spend on 2018?

Depends if there are any HR hitters available in the offseason.

Archived