Roch has been told the O's need 4 more starters

wildcard

9 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Ynoa, Castro, Asher, Lee. Basically the entire AAA rotation will be given a long look. Possibly Tillman returning on a 1 year deal. Im assuming Duquette wants to add at least one #3 from outside the organization. 

I will be surprised if Asher, Wright and Crichton remain on the 40 man all winter.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

As I have stated before, I would love it if the Orioles would sign Lance Lynn to take some pressure off of Bundy and Gausman (of feeling like they have to win almost every time out), plus it would give the Orioles some more breathing room for the #4 and #5 spots.

Ideally I would like to see them add 2 solid starting pitchers from free agency, but realistically for a mid-market team like the Orioles (especially with the impending free agency in the relatively near future of both Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop), I would be happy with one major addition to the starting rotation via free agency ...... a bonafide solid starter, not wing-and-a-prayer types like Gallardo and Jimenez.

o

I like Lynn too.  He would be a good pitcher for this team. But Angelos probably won't allow DD to sign a good pitcher. 

2 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I like Lynn too.  He would be a good pitcher for this team. But Angelos probably won't allow DD to sign a good pitcher. 

Why does Lynn want to come to a hitter's  park? Are the O's going to outbid everyone by that much?

Let's line up this need with other big needs:

• 4 starting pitchers
  • Jones to not be one of the worst defensive CF in baseball (a move to RF might be nice)
  • Davis to be closer to the 5.2 fWAR producer he was in 2015 than the -0.1 rWAR producer he was in 2017
  • Trumbo to hit or be gone

The four starters are the most glaring need. But unless the other three happen, it won't matter whether they acquire them or not.

4 free agent starters....ha, ha, ha.   So I suppose there are no other teams in baseball that need starters and that we will just have the entire field to ourselves....lol.   If we get two, I will be surprised.  One is more likely, four is absurd. 

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Why does Lynn want to come to a hitter's  park? Are the O's going to outbid everyone by that much?

I don't know. I was just giving my opinion that I like Lynn. He is a good pitcher. Baltimore needs goods pitchers. If all DD does is get trash heap pitchers how is the team to ever get better? They can't develop them. How many more Miley's, Ubaldo's have to come to Baltimore before those in charge wake the hell up? 

We aren't going to add more than 1 or 2 legit starters without trading valuable pieces on the major league roster like Brach or Britton or top prospects that are near major league ready like Sisco and Hays. 

I expect one mid-tier starter sign, one trade, and several warm bodies/AAAA fodder like other have suggested.  

The rotation should be better in 2018 regardless with the removal of Ubaldo and Tillman, but I'm not expecting a free agency binge.  

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

We aren't going to add more than 1 or 2 legit starters without trading valuable pieces on the major league roster like Brach or Britton or top prospects that are near major league ready like Sisco and Hays. 

I expect one mid-tier starter sign, one trade, and several warm bodies/AAAA fodder like other have suggested.  

The rotation should be better in 2018 regardless with the removal of Ubaldo and Tillman, but I'm not expecting a free agency binge.  

There is a decent chance that Tillman will be back with the O's next season.

10 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

How are we going to pay for your desires? That's a lot of coin.

20 mil per for Cobb or Lynn

14ish per for Vargas or Garcia or Chatwood or Cashner (less for the last two)

6-7 per for Miggy

So about 40 million per to add 3 legit starters WHICH WE NEED TO DO. We're freeing up enough money from departing big contracts to be able to swing this. Move Brach to save a bit. Shouldn't be that difficult although obviously Cobb and Lynn will attract a crowd.

Archived