*GASP* Millar goes to Boston for game two!!!

Moose Milligan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there were more "insane" people like me, OPACY would be rid of all the locusts. So I don't consider my "insanity" a bad thing.

I'd rather see this team act like Tampa Bay vs. the Red Sox than the Millar led team we have now acts. Maybe if the Sox were treated more as rivals than friends and the O's had a little bit of a chip on their shoulder, they'd do a little better vs Boston.

...or maybe if we had better players.....

Do you REALLY think Millar isn't trying against Boston? Do you really? I think you're answer to this will tell us all we need to know, or more likely, what we already know.

If there were more "insane" people like me, OPACY would be rid of all the locusts. So I don't consider my "insanity" a bad thing.

The Red Sox bandwagoners would still be there. There'd just be more fights in the stands and I'd be even less likely to bring my family to the Yards.

I'd rather see this team act like Tampa Bay vs. the Red Sox than the Millar led team we have now acts. Maybe if the Sox were treated more as rivals than friends and the O's had a little bit of a chip on their shoulder, they'd do a little better vs Boston.

Yea, I forgot that a key ingredient of rebuilding is getting really angry and fighting. The Tigers didn't become a winning organization until they brought in Marty McSorley to pretend to play left field and start brawls. :rolleyes:

If the Mets were in town for an interleague series this week, I'm sure Pedro would've been at the game.

No he wouldn't have. Because like all real baseball players and real men he's plotting to kill everyone who isn't his current teammate, or roots for a team other than the Mets.

I think JTrea would have loved the game of baseball that Bill Joyce played. Or at least the game he thought he remembered playing when he was an old man.

In my days, the players went into the clubhouse after a losing game with murder in their hearts. They would have thrown out any guy on his neck if they had even suspected him of intentions of singing.

-- Bill Joyce, 1916

Actually there's more to the quote, about today's (meaning 1916's) players just being in it for the money and not paying attention to the finer points of the game and never trying to get an advantage over the opponents. But that's all I can find on Google.

Although I think JTrea is completely wrong about this and have already posted that, what else do you expect to happen? Everyone saw how upset he was about the rah-rah promo, first pitch, and lineup reading. I still don't understand how someone could think that was a good idea.

Its obvious he holds some resentment towards Millar, and maybe rightfully so. I personally found the Boston playoff stuff disgusting as well. But its also pretty obvious he would not be railing against Millar for this basketball game if the prior events had not occurred. Its just one more thing to add to his list. Also, he was baited into this argument.

Although I think JTrea is completely wrong about this and have already posted that, what else do you expect to happen? Everyone saw how upset he was about the rah-rah promo, first pitch, and lineup reading. I still don't understand how someone could think that was a good idea.

Its obvious he holds some resentment towards Millar, and maybe rightfully so. I personally found the Boston playoff stuff disgusting as well. But its also pretty obvious he would not be railing against Millar for this basketball game if the prior events had not occurred. Its just one more thing to add to his list. Also, he was baited into this argument.

Baited? Moose was clearly haveing some fun with this. Its not our fault that Jtrea thinks Millar is a vile weed!

Here is the simple summary of this entire situation....if Millar goes out and plants obe off the Citgo sign, let's see if JTrea cheers for him. Because whether he does that, or goes 0-4, the truth is, his hanging out at the Bball game means NOTHING because he will still give 110% for the O's whether we are playing Boston or Kansas City!

I'll come clean, too. I apologize to the O's, my fellow fans, the Hangout staff, and our many members for pumping my fist on behalf of the Colorado Rockies several times last year.

Now I feel better!!! :D

Oh man...are we really going here?

All right....all right....2001, first night game of the season....O's were no-hit by Hideo Nomo. I was there....and on my feet cheering him on from about the 8th inning on. (Dipper hangs head in shame) I'm sorry! I'm sooooooooooooorrrrrry! :ohlord:

Oh man...are we really going here?

All right....all right....2001, first night game of the season....O's were no-hit by Hideo Nomo. I was there....and on my feet cheering him on from about the 8th inning on. (Dipper hangs head in shame) I'm sorry! I'm sooooooooooooorrrrrry! :ohlord:

See....someone just HAS to take things too far. Dips, you NEVER cheer your home team being no-hit. You're comparing that to KM going to a BB game? Cheering for one team in the WS (in which the O's aren't playing?)...Consider yourself on my ignore list.:angryfire::cussing:

See....someone just HAS to take things too far. Dips, you NEVER cheer your home team being no-hit. You're comparing that to KM going to a BB game? Cheering for one team in the WS (in which the O's aren't playing?)...Consider yourself on my ignore list.:angryfire::cussing:

1. In order to be an Orioles fan, you must first be a baseball fan. A no-no is history. So even though it came at the expense of my team, it was still worth cheering for.

and...

b. Who are you kidding? You wait for my posts. You yurn for my posts. You LIVE for my posts. You couldn't ignore my posts if Vinnie Mac called you up and offered you part of his million dollars! Admit it Chris! You Love me! :hearts:

1. In order to be an Orioles fan, you must first be a baseball fan. A no-no is history. So even though it came at the expense of my team, it was still worth cheering for.

Ummm..:bs: Cheering AFTER the fact...not during the 8th inning.

b. Who are you kidding? You wait for my posts. You yurn for my posts. You LIVE for my posts. You couldn't ignore my posts if Vinnie Mac called you up and offered you part of his million dollars! Admit it Chris! You Love me! :hearts:

No, I love Boller. See the Ravens thread. When he's released, I'll look you up. :wedge:

Baited? Moose was clearly haveing some fun with this. Its not our fault that Jtrea thinks Millar is a vile weed!

Here is the simple summary of this entire situation....if Millar goes out and plants obe off the Citgo sign, let's see if JTrea cheers for him. Because whether he does that, or goes 0-4, the truth is, his hanging out at the Bball game means NOTHING because he will still give 110% for the O's whether we are playing Boston or Kansas City!

Yeah, well you and I both understand that it doesn't mean anything and that he plays hard. Probably harder against them because he wishes he was there and wants to show them what they are missing. I am just saying that in my opinion his rant really isn't about the basketball game its just another thing to remind him of the disgusting Boston lovefest during the playoffs.

And yes, he was baited into this thread. Everyone knew that Moose was making fun of him, which is fine, but people need to expect he going to respond even if you think he is delusional.

Yeah, well you and I both understand that it doesn't mean anything and that he plays hard. Probably harder against them because he wishes he was there and wants to show them what they are missing. I am just saying that in my opinion his rant really isn't about the basketball game its just another thing to remind him of the disgusting Boston lovefest during the playoffs.

And yes, he was baited into this thread. Everyone knew that Moose was making fun of him, which is fine, but people need to expect he going to respond even if you think he is delusional.

What's hilarious is, Moose started this to be a fun thing, and JTrea flipped out into Playoff Millar mode and started ranting on him again. I don't even think Moose thought it would go this far. I will give JTrea credit for one thing...once he has an opinion on something, come hell or high water, he will stick to his guns. The fact that this thing has gone on for 11 pages just kills me! :laughlol::rofl::smile11::boogie::2yay-thumb::clap::disco::new_wave:

Count me as someone who was upset over the WS promo but has no problem with him at a Celtics game. You don't cut a promo for a rival company, but being friends with people at a rival company, and taking in a B-Ball game with them is acceptable.

Archived