*GASP* Millar goes to Boston for game two!!!

Moose Milligan

I don't hate Millar as a person, I just strongly dislike that he constantly pines for the Boston fan's affections while under employment of the Orioles. And then when the Boston media identifiies him as part of the Sox again, it really gets to me because I hate the Sox and everything they stand for. And it makes the Orioles look bad and pathetic.

As KD said, this is just another thing that you can add to the previous things that Millar has done to get love from RSN and Boston fans in general as a member of the Orioles.

- First the high five of the Sux fan in the crowd at Fenway when he missed a foul ball that the fan appeared to interfere with. As I recall Roberts didn't look too pleased he did that.

- The Red Sox promo during the ALCS

- Accepting to throw out the first pitch and read the Red Sox lineup for the ALCS

- Now accepting an invite to the Celtics game to be seated courtside with David Ortiz and other current Red Sox players and to be identified with them as part of the team and Boston sports two days before he played said team.

It may be Millar being Millar, but I don't like it, and I'm glad he'll hopefully be gone and we won't have to deal with it any more after this season. Give me the Rays' attitude toward the Sux vs. Millar's any day...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't hate Millar as a person, I just strongly dislike that he constantly pines for the Boston fan's affections while under employment of the Orioles. And then when the Boston media identifiies him as part of the Sox again, it really gets to me because I hate the Sox and everything they stand for. And it makes the Orioles look bad and pathetic.

As KD said, this is just another thing that you can add to the previous things that Millar has done to get love from RSN and Boston fans in general as a member of the Orioles.

- First the high five of the Sux fan in the crowd at Fenway when he missed a foul ball that the fan appeared to interfere with. As I recall Roberts didn't look too pleased he did that.

- Accepting to throw out the first pitch and read the Red Sox lineup for the ALCS

- Now accepting an invite to the Celtics game to be seated courtside with David Ortiz and other current Red Sox players and to be identified with them as part of the team and Boston sports two days before he played said team.

It may be Millar being Millar, but I don't like it, and I'm glad he'll hopefully be gone and we won't have to deal with it any more after this season. Give me the Rays' attitude toward the Sux vs. Millar's any day...

That's a little more reasonable. You were all over the place there for a bit!

I still think you're drawing a false conclusion that he's pining for the affection of Boston fans. I think he socializes there sometimes because that's where his good friends are.

He was part of a special Red Sox team and will always be held in an equally special light by the Boston fans and media because of it.

By the way, the unofficial explanation I heard on the high-five was that he told the fan something along the lines of, "C'mon, that wasn't cool. Show a little class, alright? (high-five)"

Your opinion that he makes the O's look sad and pathetic places you squarely in the minority. He's thought of positively by a lot of fans (as evidenced in this thread) and just about everyone in the O's clubhouse and front office.

It is? You've got to be kidding me if you don't think that's what he's trying to do. Why else would he sit courtside with all the other Boston sports figures? He wants to continuously be recognized and supported by Boston fans.

Why aren't you screaming about Antoine Walker?

You must think he's embarrassing Timberwolves fans by being there to watch his former team play. But yet you aren't complaining.

Why focus on Millar, unless you really do have unhealthy feelings towards him? Next you'll be claiming he has cooties and smacking his head during "Duck, Duck, Goose".

Why aren't you screaming about Antoine Walker?

You must think he's embarrassing Timberwolves fans by being there to watch his former team play. But yet you aren't complaining.

Why focus on Millar, unless you really do have unhealthy feelings towards him? Next you'll be claiming he has cooties and smacking his head during "Duck, Duck, Goose".

Walker's season is over and he's not playing the Celtics two games from now. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if say the season was already over. It's the fact he would be playing the same guys two days from now. He's being paid to be detrimental to their ballclub two nights from that game, yet he wants the fans support and still wants to be part of Boston sports.

And to bring up something new, do we know if Millar flew in with the Orioles, or did he take a special flight separate from the team charter just to attend the game? That's something else I've been wondering about...

Walker's season is over and he's not playing the Celtics two games from now...

Millar isn't playing the Celtics two games from now, either. Yet, I'm sure somebody he knows around that team got Walker his seats, which is just as bad as Millar. So, let's hear some non-hypocrite vitriol.

I know that I never post here but I just wanted to say that I agree with this post 100%.

JTrea81... you have summed up my feelings about K Millar to the tee.

I really have to ask, but do you really think HE was identifying himself as a Red Sock or that the media was just including him 1) as a celebrity and 2) as someone important to the history of the team?

Because it seems truely insane to blame him for that part, if that is what you are doing.

Millar isn't playing the Celtics two games from now, either. Yet, I'm sure somebody he knows around that team got Walker his seats, which is just as bad as Millar. So, let's hear some non-hypocrite vitriol.

I don't think you guys get it because you aren't from here. Everybody in NE who supports the Celtics, is a Red Sox, Bruins and Patriots fan most likely, therefore the same audience that was in attendance and watching the game are Red Sox fans as well. So it doesn't matter that it was a Celtics game, Millar was still on view for Red Sox fans and still trying to get their attention, hence the courtside seats.

Heck the game I attended at Fenway for my friends batchelor party, the whole stadium broke out into a "Beat LA" chant. The Celtics are the same as the Red Sox to Red Sox Nation so this is like Millar attending a Red Sox game with David Ortiz. Now hopefully you see where I'm coming from...

I don't think you guys get it because you aren't from here. Everybody in NE who supports the Celtics, is a Red Sox, Bruins and Patriots fan most likely, therefore the same audience that was in attendance and watching the game are Red Sox fans as well. So it doesn't matter that it was a Celtics game, Millar was still on view for Red Sox fans and still trying to get their attention, hence the courtside seats.

Heck the game I attended at Fenway for my friends batchelor party, the whole stadium broke out into a "Beat LA" chant. The Celtics are the same as the Red Sox to Red Sox Nation so this is like Millar attending a Red Sox game with David Ortiz. Now hopefully you see where I'm coming from...

No, now you are just too far gone inside your blind hatred that there is no point in further discussion.

You really make Ray Charles look like Ted Williams.

Oh God, I just made a Boston reference. Please have mercy on me! :rolleyestf:

I really have to ask, but do you really think HE was identifying himself as a Red Sock or that the media was just including him 1) as a celebrity and 2) as someone important to the history of the team?

Because it seems truely insane to blame him for that part, if that is what you are doing.

He was identifying himself as a current part of Boston sports, whether he knew it or not by sitting in a group of Boston sports celebrities. That's how the media would spin it. I'm sure he wanted the attention otherwise he would have declined to sit courtside.

He was identifying himself as a current part of Boston sports, whether he knew it or not by sitting in a group of Boston sports celebrities. That's how the media would spin it. I'm sure he wanted the attention otherwise he would have declined to sit courtside.

Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon.

I know that I never post here but I just wanted to say that I agree with this post 100%.

JTrea81... you have summed up my feelings about K Millar to the tee.

Thanks, there's so much love for Millar in the organization and with the fans, that I think it's blinded them to what he's doing to the pride of this organization with these publicity stunts.

Thanks, there's so much love for Millar in the organization and with the fans, that I think it's blinded them to what he's doing to the pride of this organization with these publicity stunts.
:rolleyestf::rolleyes:

Yeah, theres two people who think this is a problem, one of which (you) who reacts so outlandishly to everything that nobody takes you seriously until you've had a couple of days to calm down and the other who's making his first post (no offense to the new guy, welcome aboard, I hope you stay and enjoy the site) but we are the ones who are blind to reality.

Find one Oriole, player, coach, or management, who thinks this was an insult to the team and then maybe your opinion would have an ounce of credibility on this issue. Until then, I'm gonna dismiss it.

Heck the game I attended at Fenway for my friends batchelor party, the whole stadium broke out into a "Beat LA" chant. The Celtics are the same as the Red Sox to Red Sox Nation so this is like Millar attending a Red Sox game with David Ortiz.

So what? Why should anybody here care what fans are like in NE? Almost nobody here gives two hoots about NE sports fans. We're Oriole fans, why should we care about NE sports fans and the relationship between Celts fans and RS fans? What BOS media does, and what sports fans in NE do, has zilch to do with how anybody here should think about Millar. Unless you think NE sports fans should somehow control how we react to things, like they evidently control how you react. You live in NE and you don't like the sports climate there. Well, too bad for you. But I don't see how the climate where you live should be a problem for O's fans, one way or another.

And look at me, trying to reason about.

Note to self: Self, you're being a dope.

You are so off base with you Millar comments it's comical. He is an Oriole and will play hard tonight for the...............Orioles.

The Boston fans, like myself, will always have a place in our hearts for him. Thats it.

He is not sabotaging the Orioles. He is a personable guy who likes to have fun.

Archived