Fanfest

Going Underground

I'm glad people are free to ask questions about whatever player they wish.  I hope that those that do pose questions about Manny are satisfied with all of the rehearsed smokescreen answers that they will hear in reply that don't actually say anything.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Thoughts on who the next Orioles HOF inductee might be?   

B-Rob?  Tejada?

The question is, will the OHOF hold their PED use against them?    They’ve kept Raffy out.   

We might need to wait until some of the 2012-17 core has retired.    I’d expect Markakis, Hardy, Wieters and Jones all to go in one day.    Manny and Schoop are further away but will get in later.   

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

Without looking, I can promise you that Larry Bigbie is not in the Orioles Hall of Fame.   It’s a low bar, but not that low.

Your right, sorry about that.

I relooked it up, it was a poorly wrote sentence, mentioning how even Bigbie had come back to the team and had attended some official Oriole events like fanfest, and if he could do that then Raffy could come back to the team and even join the Oriole HOF.

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The question is, will the OHOF hold their PED use against them?    They’ve kept Raffy out.   

We might need to wait until some of the 2012-17 core has retired.    I’d expect Markakis, Hardy, Wieters and Jones all to go in one day.    Manny and Schoop are further away but will get in later.   

I saw this note about Raffy:

Unfortunately whatever the truth is, it's still an ugly situation. If Raffy is innocent than he's a victim of one of the biggest screwjobs since Shoeless Joe Jackson. If he's guilty then he's a liar on the scale of Pete Rose, drawing out this story blaming Tejada for over a decade.

Speaking of which, Pete Rose is joining Fox Sports as an analyst

Pete Rose is going to be on TV doing baseball analysis, Barry Bonds is an instructor for the Giants, Mark McGwire is the hitting coach for the Dodgers, Jason Giambi could end up a manager, and parents are trusting Larry Bigbie with their children's development while the Orioles are comfortable with him representing their brand.

I might be missing it somewhere but are they doing the clubhouse tour before again? Last year I remember going to the ballpark first and going inside the clubhouse and dugout, it was actually pretty cool even though I've done it before (some people this year I have tagging along never have). Plus we grabbed a beer at Dempsey's along the way xD. They might not be doing it again though no worries, didn't know if anyone here had insight.

2 hours ago, scbalt52 said:

I might be missing it somewhere but are they doing the clubhouse tour before again? Last year I remember going to the ballpark first and going inside the clubhouse and dugout, it was actually pretty cool even though I've done it before (some people this year I have tagging along never have). Plus we grabbed a beer at Dempsey's along the way xD. They might not be doing it again though no worries, didn't know if anyone here had insight.

I am sure they are doing it. Have done the clubhouse tours since they have had it at the Convention Center. Usually put out a guide l8ike this one about a week before Fanfest. Have not seen one yet for this year.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/downloads/y2017/map.pdf

When I went the only thing I really enjoyed was the clubhouse tour.  I have a 4 year old daughter but unless Elsa and Ariel are at the autograph stations  she would find zero interest in going.

It is kind of cool seeing all the players but now with all this fans favorites except Jones gone it probably isn't worth the effort.

I posted about it earlier and did see in The Sun that they are doing the clubhouse tours again. I have yet to see a time or anything about it other than it being mentioned briefly in the article (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-fanfest-info-20180124-story.html).

Sorry if I am missing it somewhere, figured you guys will know more than I do. I was going to base the time we leave tomorrow morning when I got more information on the times and all and now it is a day before and I know nothing more than I did a few weeks ago. Thanks!

Manny's not going to be there.  Refunds to those with his tables (I had both).  I just got an email from orioles.com.

"Unfortunately, we are disappointed to share the news that Manny Machado is no longer attending Saturday's event.....Manny Machado will no longer be signing, and we are unable to replace him.....You will automatically receive a refund....you will still be permitted to obtain autographs from those participating at this session."

Archived