Fanfest

Going Underground

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TradeAngelos said:

There are no "negotiations". 

Actually, I read it in Roch's latest entry:

I’ve heard from multiple sources that there’s been a significant reduction in the gap between the Orioles and Schoop’s agent, but a deal still hasn’t been struck and the level of frustration on both sides is growing.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/01/notes-on-starting-pitching-market-contract-talks-and-more.html

3 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

Oh god.  This is great.  Fanfest is going to be a nightmare.  Good luck to the Orioles social media team, I will pour one out for you in support.  

If Fan Fest is a failure it seems that those in charge would learn from it and make changes. Maybe I am expecting too much though. 

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

If Fan Fest is a failure it seems that those in charge would learn from it and make changes. Maybe I am expecting too much though. 

LOL come on! Maybe they will invite more old timers next year instead?  

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Why would either of them go? Schoop isn't under contract for 2018. Manny's been dragged through the dirt all offseason. Why help this organization make a buck off your presence?

If they didn't want to go, it should have been apparent to everyone MUCH sooner than the day before.

Pulling out last minute citing "Private matter" and potentially coordinating it....that's garbage.  I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, but that's sure as spit what it looks like.

Just now, CP0861 said:

If they didn't want to go, it should have been apparent to everyone MUCH sooner than the day before.

I'm willing to bet it was, and the O's withheld that information for either incompetence or to hope fans who already bought tickets don't see the news. 

Would that be surprising to you?

Just now, interloper said:

Why would either of them go? Schoop isn't under contract for 2018. Manny's been dragged through the dirt all offseason. Why help this organization make a buck off your presence?

To bring joy to your fans, particularly kids.  Regardless of what's happening at the organizational level, I'm sure a ton of kids will be very disappointed to not see Schoop or Machado.  I hope they have a legit reason for not being able to make it, but sure seems fishy for them to both bail at the last minute.  Doesn't seem like too much to ask to fly up for 1 day and show some love to the fans to me.

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

To bring joy to your fans, particularly kids.  Regardless of what's happening at the organizational level, I'm sure a ton of kids will be very disappointed to not see Schoop or Machado.  I hope they have a legit reason for not being able to make it, but sure seems fishy for them to both bail at the last minute.  Doesn't seem like too much to ask to fly up for 1 day and show some love to the fans to me.

Please. They have a legit reason, particularly Schoop. 

It IS a lot to ask. You are not OWED this appearance as a fan. These are HUMANS with LIVES. Their employers are often incompetent. 

Fans and kids should not have an expectation that players are made available to them face-to-face every year. It's a privilege if it happens, not a responsibility of the player. Take your kids to the game. Don't value autographs. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm willing to bet it was, and the O's withheld that information for either incompetence or to hope fans who already bought tickets don't see the news. 

Would that be surprising to you?

I would almost venture to say it was last minute.  The fact that we were supposed to get our vouchers yesterday, and then they suddenly weren't available was the first red flag, but I though that just might be because they managed to bungle everything else up this offseason, why start to do things properly for an even centered around the fans.

4 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

Pulling out last minute citing "Private matter" and potentially coordinating it....that's garbage.  I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, but that's sure as spit what it looks like.

If that's what they did it is a garbage way to treat fans. 

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

If that's what they did it is a garbage way to treat fans. 

Schoop was likely going to come if the O's pulled their heads out of their ass and paid their most productive player of 2017 and perhaps the years to come. Instead they are dicking around with a million here or there and as a result, he's not under contract. 

Archived