Simply Extension?

weams

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jones will stay too. I think he would bring a lot of intangible value as a leader to the team and a mentor to the young outfielders. Mancini and Rickard speak highly of him, as I'm sure Hays, Mullins, etc would too. I just hope we don't overpay too much. Would 3/40 with some incentives be too much of a lowball?

I like Jones.   I’ll be sad to see him go, as he’s meant a lot to the team and the community.    But barring major setbacks with Hays/Mullins/Stewart/Santander, I just don’t see that we should be paying FA prices for an outfielder in 2019 and beyond.    I agree with wildcard that we just let that situation play out in 2018.

58 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

I think this is Jones last year.  He will motion towards wanting a trade as the deadline approaches.  He won't be traded.  He will be with a new team next year. 

I will hate to see AJ leave. Hope DD can convince Adam to move to RF.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I like Jones.   I’ll be sad to see him go, as he’s meant a lot to the team and the community.    But barring major setbacks with Hays/Mullins/Stewart/Santander, I just don’t see that we should be paying FA prices for an outfielder in 2019 and beyond.    I agree with wildcard that we just let that situation play out in 2018.

Hays has the arm and range to play CF or right.

Mullins has the range for CF but his arm is weak.   He would be poor  playing right because of that and he may end being a left fielder who fills in CF.  

Stewart has limited range and a weak arm.  His bat may put in him left or DH

Santander profiles as a below average OFer with an average arm.  Best position is probably DH.

This all from the rating of Orioles.com.and what else I have read.

So the best outfield even with these players may be  Mancini in left, Hays in CF/RF  and  Jones in RF/CF with Mullins as a 4th outfielder who covers LF and CF.  Stewart /Santander as DHs that fill in the outfield to give the others rest.

Jones arm is probably the best of them all. Even at 33.

Archived