June 14th vs Pirates

McNulty

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In addition, it would have been the right thing to do...

Ramon made the right play. Doumit was behind and to the third base side of the plate, so Ramon tried to hook around the front. That is the textbook play. Running into him would have been incredibly stupid.

Ramon just ran out of gas so he didn't have any force on the slide.

That was one heck of a relay throw by Jack Wilson BTW, because McLouth's throw to him was garbage. McLouth's throw was probably what made Samuel send Ramon, it was that awful.

That is a GREAT song. I can see it going two ways. One, asking for forgiveness from someone here, or two, asking God for forgiveness for something. It's definitely an interesting choice. Does Brian use Christian music for his songs that often? I don't remember him using any at the games I saw last year in Baltimore.

Nope, he's had the instrumental version of a Notorious BIG song, Hypnotize for the past several years, which everyone thought was kind of an odd choice for Brian considering that he (almost) never swears and doesn't like rap. In a way I think it's kind of cool that Brian would choose something that obviously has a deep personal meaning for him instead of something that just sounds good, but it's almost a little awkward to listen to in such a public venue. Coming from Brian, it's adorable... from anyone else, it might be a little creepy. :o

Ramon made the right play. Doumit was behind and to the third base side of the plate, so Ramon tried to hook around the front. That is the textbook play. Running into him would have been incredibly stupid.

The C had the dang ball. BRob was motioning for him to get down, but Ramon saw the C with the ball and tried to tiptoe around him. Ramon's no ballerina, he shoulda knocked him on his butt, and hope it comes loose...

But it's all 2nd-guessing... too late now...

I has a feeling that was going to happen. Should have had Albers start the inning or at least took him out after the walk. Liz had done his job' date='nothing left to prove. [b']Now a very good outting turns to crap[/b].

Baloney. Liz still had a very good outing, and Albers allowed two inherited runners to score.

The C had the dang ball. BRob was motioning for him to get down, but Ramon saw the C with the ball and tried to tiptoe around him. Ramon's no ballerina, he shoulda knocked him on his butt, and hope it comes loose...

But it's all 2nd-guessing... too late now...

By the time Doumit got in front of the plate it was too late to hit him. I watched this play three or four times. Ramon just plain ran out of gas, no matter what he did he wasn't going to have any force behind it. It was either flop on the ground or try to hit a moving brick wall.

Archived