Buck's comment today on Chris Tillman

accinfo

7 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Yes, Joseph the primary catcher into May, then call up Sisco.  Sisco gradually takes the lead catcher role during the summer.

I think you maybe right, but it might be ASB before we see Sisco called up, all depends on how well or not well Caleb/Wynn is doing.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think you may be right, but it might be ASB before we see Sisco called up, all depends on how well or not well Caleb/Wynn is doing.

o

It just may be a lunatic he's looking for.

o

Twins and Brewers in on everyone:

Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports that the Twins have interest in free agent right-hander Chris Tillman.
Yu Darvish remains the Twins' top priority and they've also been linked to Lance Lynn and Alex Cobb, but the club is also looking at adding back-end rotation depth in the event that they are unable to land a big name. Tillman was flat-out awful last season, posting a 7.84 ERA in 19 starts and five relief appearances. He would presumably accept a one-year deal in hopes of restoring his value and hitting the open market again next winter. Bollinger also notes that chief baseball officer Derek Falvey hasn't ruled out giving Jaime Garcia another try.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4678/chris-tillman

1 hour ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Tillman and Flarethy are coming back. I'm calling it. 

Probably, but I'd hope we have enough UTL options as good as (or better than) Flaherty to run with. I wouldn't mind Tillman back on a one-year deal.

At this point we actually need Tillman because he's a high-upside body, and we just need bodies to throw at this rotation problem. I'm not sure why we're messing around. Maybe his agent is holding out for something better - but if he goes to the Twins for a 1 year ML deal, I'll have to question why we missed out. 

And I'm saying this having wanted to completely punt Chris Tillman into the sun going into the offseason. But... hey, he's an easy guy to sign to compete for the rotation and things are desperate.

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Any report on Tillman's velocity. I know Buck has watched him a lot. 

I didn't realize that Tillman is working out at the Orioles facility in Sarsota and has been for several weeks now.

If the O's don't sign this guy, and then he returns to form somewhere else, it would be the icing on the cake for this offseason.    

16 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

I didn't realize that Tillman is working out at the Orioles facility in Sarsota and has been for several weeks now.

If the O's don't sign this guy, and then he returns to form somewhere else, it would be the icing on the cake for this offseason.    

Tillman lives in Sarsota, and I suspect has been in contact with Brady who has previously guided his off-season workouts.

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Any report on Tillman's velocity. I know Buck has watched him a lot. 

His velocity was actually pretty good last season, hence why you'd always hear "he's health" from the O's and from Tillman. It's his arm slot that's the issue, which has been comprised by the injury post-healing, it would seem. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

His velocity was actually pretty good last season, hence why you'd always hear "he's health" from the O's and from Tillman. It's his arm slot that's the issue, which has been comprised by the injury post-healing, it would seem. 

He also suffered from control/location issues, making him very hittable.

Archived