Cashner signing

jcaponio

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not a fan of Cashner, and his success last year seemed very fluky.   But 2/$16 mm is cheaper and shorter than I would have suspected.    Now I’m just going to cross my fingers and hope his good ground ball rates (15th among qualifiers last year, and pretty typical for him) hold up and some strikeouts return.   

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm mostly looking at the 4.6 K rate, the 3.5 walk rate and the FIP being over a run higher than the ERA.

I guess if you only have two starting pitchers by feb 15th he's a good sign.

I know he is flawed. Hope a ton of grounders at people. 

With the hoops Dan has to deal with I’ll take it and hope.  

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Everywhere I see 2/16. Heyman also.  

Huh OK then. Never seen a MLB reporter used "guaranteed" in a report (because there really isn't a need to when MLB contracts are fully guaranteed) but ours are unlike any other so who knows why he said it like that. Maybe that is what the team told him to write.

Just now, TradeAngelos said:

Huh OK then. Never seen a MLB reporter used "guaranteed" in a report (because there really isn't a need to when MLB contracts are fully guaranteed) but ours are unlike any other so who knows why he said it like that. Maybe that is what the team told him to write.

Or because of the Darvish deal

Going with incentives.

Plus Roch isn't exactly an elegant wordsmith.

Haven’t seen any details. 

Perhaps there are some incentives where he can earn more.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not a fan of Cashner, and his success last year seemed very fluky.   But 2/$16 mm is cheaper and shorter than I would have suspected.    Now I’m just going to cross my fingers and hope his good ground ball rates (15th among qualifiers last year, and pretty typical for him) hold up and some strikeouts return.   

A lot cheaper, and a lot shorter. 

Archived