NCAA OH Bracket

Rene88

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rene88 said:

I didn't realize I set it up last year...I just sent reminders to register for anyone that played last year. I am no expert but always fun. Here is the link, let me know if you have any problems signing up:

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/94407/invitation?key=959283df12786164&soc_trk=lnk

group id : 94407

I'm in. I did my usual "fill in the bracket in less than two minutes".

o

#16-seed Maryland-Baltimore County leads #1-Seed Virginia 38-24 in the 2nd half.

A #16 seed has never beaten a #1 Seed since the tournament went to 64 teams in 1985. 

Pete Carril's 1989 Princeton team came the closest against #1 Georgetown (50-49.)

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

#16-seed Maryland-Baltimore County leads #1-Seed Virginia 38-24 in the 2nd half.

A #16 seed has never beaten a #1 Seed since the tournament went to 64 teams in 1985. 

Pete Carril's 1989 Princeton team came the closest against #1 Georgetown (50-49.)

o

Yea, I am talking about it with myself here...lol

Just now, Finisher said:

History in the making here. UVA ain't coming back if they go down by 20.

Low scoring, highly defensive game and UVA plays a slow offensive set.  If they can't completely change their style of offensive play in the last 11 minutes, they are in serious trouble.  

Just now, murph said:

Low scoring, highly defensive game and UVA plays a slow offensive set.  If they can't completely change their style of offensive play in the last 11 minutes, they are in serious trouble.

o

Pete Carrill himself could not be prouder !!!

He is probable enjoying this immensely, wherever he is watching it from.

o

o

Bad execution by UMBC to call a timeout IMMEDIATELY AFTER VIRGINIA MADE A BASKET.

In college basketball, the clock keeps running after a made basket until the final minute of the 2nd half, and any ensuing overtime periods. They could have let about 2 or 3 seconds go by before picking up the ball, then let another 4 seconds go by after picking it up ....... THEN call a timeout just before the ref makes the 5-second violation call.

They saved Virginia at least 6 or 7 seconds right there by doing that.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

Bad execution by UMBC to call a timeout IMMEDIATELY AFTER VIRGINIA MADE A BASKET.

In college basketball, the clock keeps running after a made basket until the final minute of the 2nd half, and any ensuing overtime periods. They could have let about 3 seconds go by before picking up the ball, then let another 4 seconds go by after picking it up ....... THEN call a timeout just before the 5-second call.

They save Virginia at least 6 or 7 seconds right there by doing that.

o

I get it, but UMBC has been saving clock, not trying to run it down.  Ball roll outs on inbounds, etc..   But now that they are almost up by 20, I think they may run clock...maybe.  Either way this is awesome!

o

MARYLAND -  BALTIMORE COUNTY

o

Archived