Prospect/Rule 5 Question

Rene88

If we were to keep any of the pitchers this year (the most likely guy in Araujo , Mesa & Cortes)...where would they Tank in our  org charts roughly? I am guessing Cortes doesn’t have a high ceiling but Mesa does?

5 hours ago, Rene88 said:

If we were to keep any of the pitchers this year (the most likely guy in Araujo , Mesa & Cortes)...where would they Tank in our  org charts roughly? I am guessing Cortes doesn’t have a high ceiling but Mesa does?

Do you mean where do they fit in the prospect rankings?

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think you answered that question in your personal top 50, no?    Though maybe Araujo is looking better than you thought?

Yeah, I did, I wanted to know if that's what he meant so I could point him in that direction.

Araujo hasn't done it for me yet, I really like the changeup, I have a 55 on it, it's something he barely threw last year and now it's a weapon. So that's good, but the command is just ok, and I haven't seen anything better than a 50 breaking ball, this is a guy who was throwing 60 and 70 breaking balls last years. If he gets back to that, then he'll jump. 

Mesa would drop until I see his velocity back to near where it was last year. His mechanics were all over the place in the outing I saw, so hopefully it's just needing to get in a groove, but it could be an injury. Hopefully they'll give him more of a run, if he gets his stuff back he's got real rotation potential, if not in 2018, soon.

Archived