Boswell thinks Harper and others will not get $400 million dollar contracts

Going Underground

4 minutes ago, theocean said:

You can go to an O's game for the price of seeing a movie, that's true - but it's more a credit to the Orioles and not the norm for most MLB teams.

But, even movies are too expensive. A family of four who gets a bag of popcorn and a drink for everyone is looking at $60 to see a movie. Not every family can afford that.

What the Orioles are doing with kids attending free is very smart - because a sport needs to be constantly growing its next generation of fans. MLB should be focusing on making tickets cheaper, getting more games broadcast in ways that don't require a subscription, and getting kids in cities who don't have access to a baseball field ways to play the game. Pace of play isn't what is keeping kids away from the game.

Now, MLB may be able to sustain itself by charging a ton for tickets and appealing only to the affluent. Not only is that shameful, but the game is also better when everyone can be a part of it.

Was much better when my Dad was a kid during WWII.  Back than it was cheaper to spend all day at the movies than it was to heat the house.

If you are an owner and the industry has record breaking profits there isn't much on an incentive to change things up.  If it were me I'd be happy to ride the wave and try and sell before it collapses. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, weams said:

You can get glorious seats for $20 and pack your lunch. They even let you bring in your own non-alcoholic drinks. 

Realistically baseball is much more expensive than alternatives for families. 

For example I have a family season pass to the Zoo which is only 130 dollars.  Parking is free.   Plus they have a lot of things to do their for small kids.  Carousel, Train Ride, playground. 

Port Discovery is 20 bucks to park and maybe combined about 30 bucks for 3 people with discount.  

Dutch Wonderland we get season passes.  Last year daughter was free and season pass was 89 dollars for me.  I paid 5 bucks to park for visit.  Go 6 times for that fee.  Really much cheaper.

Now baseball game: 20 bucks to park.  We get club level seats as don;t want to be around the drunks so 50 dollars a seat for 3 people but wait there are high service charges so it is now 175 dollars.  Have 3 beers (2 for me 1 for the wife).  Have to buy food for 3 people.  Wait I just want some water for my daughter and there are no water fountains and the bar tender won't give me water for my daughter even though I am buying a beer.  So add 5 bucks for a sip of water.  Daughter will get bored so we leave after the 7th inning stretch.  Easily over 300 dollars to go to the game.   Oh and if it is a game with a "giveaway" the tickets are even more.  

Now if I leave the family home. I can get a friend who still happens to have a college ID to buy tickets.  5 dollars each on college night.  We take an Uber in and split the fare.  Get beers at pickles before hand.  And then move down to the box seats.  

15 minutes ago, atomic said:

For example I have a family season pass to the Zoo which is only 130 dollars.  Parking is free.   Plus they have a lot of things to do their for small kids.  Carousel, Train Ride, playground. 

Port Discovery is 20 bucks to park and maybe combined about 30 bucks for 3 people with discount.  

Dutch Wonderland we get season passes.  Last year daughter was free and season pass was 89 dollars for me.  I paid 5 bucks to park for visit.  Go 6 times for that fee.  Really much cheaper.

Now baseball game: 20 bucks to park.  We get club level seats as don;t want to be around the drunks so 50 dollars a seat for 3 people but wait there are high service charges so it is now 175 dollars.  Have 3 beers (2 for me 1 for the wife).  Have to buy food for 3 people.  Wait I just want some water for my daughter and there are no water fountains and the bar tender won't give me water for my daughter even though I am buying a beer.  So add 5 bucks for a sip of water.  Daughter will get bored so we leave after the 7th inning stretch.  Easily over 300 dollars to go to the game.   Oh and if it is a game with a "giveaway" the tickets are even more.  

Now if I leave the family home. I can get a friend who still happens to have a college ID to buy tickets.  5 dollars each on college night.  We take an Uber in and split the fare.  Get beers at pickles before hand.  And then move down to the box seats.  

Parking is $8 in the stadium lots.:D

45 minutes ago, atomic said:

There are no drunks. And if there are, a text message handles it. There is not a bad seat in the house. You may carry water in. 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

College night is $10.00 now.Also if you get the Dugout Club and go then, no drunks in those sections. Also can bring water and hot dogs,etc in.Dont open before you get in.Akso there is a Kids Food section.Last year,kids dog was $1.50,soda and water the same.

Archived