Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Whoohoo another chance to watch Buck mishandle the bullpen!

A sick, twisted part of me kind of wants to be in that situation again with a healthy Zach Britton just to see if Buck would do it differently this time.

I think he would.

But he might not.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Babypowder said:

Sure, but they either didn't see such a dramatic drop off in their peripherals, or weren't able to sustain it successfully. Maybe Cashner is a unicorn, he could be. I just wouldn't bet on it myself.

Yeah, I understand that. Sure glad to add Cobb to the picture.

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Now that Castillo is gone, pitching will be much better. Playoffs not out of questionwith Cobb

The Orioles are replacing 86 starts of Miley (5.61), Jimenez (6.81), Hellickson (6.97) and Tillman (7.84) with Cobb, Cashner, and a presumably healthy Tillman.

allegedly

that's over half the season.

8 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Ok, I am just not willing to concede that Andrew Cashner has a skillset that doesn't exist in the modern game outside of him. That's not usually a good bet.

Why are you continuing to whine about Cashner in a Cobb to Orioles thread?   

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Alright, enough on Cashner. How are Cobb's projections/peripherals/etceteras?

Not great, but ok. Well below average strikeout rate as well, but low walks. Steamer has him projected for a 4.43 ERA over 160 innings and 1.7 fWAR. ZiPS likes him a little better at 3.77 and 2.5 fWAR.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

A sick, twisted part of me kind of wants to be in that situation again with a healthy Zach Britton just to see if Buck would do it differently this time.

I think he would.

But he might not.

Zach would start the sixth. 

Archived