A summary of our rotation

Frobby

3 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

He was also a valuable pitcher whom the Orioles traded him away at exactly the right time in terms of his future production. Sadly they got basically nothing in return and even sadder they turned right around and signed him as a free agent.

I drove to Wilmington to see the Keys play shortly after the trade because Ryan Hannaman was starting, so I could write a piece for the Hangout on the haul from the Ponson deal.  I'm am no scout, but I thought he looked okay.  About a week later something in his arm imploded and he pitched maybe 20 more professional innings.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I drove to Wilmington to see the Keys play shortly after the trade because Ryan Hannaman was starting, so I could write a piece for the Hangout on the haul from the Ponson deal.  I'm am no scout, but I thought he looked okay.  About a week later something in his arm imploded and he pitched maybe 20 more professional innings.

Weren't Moss and Ainsworth also hurt? Ponson was pretty "meh", but that was a particularly cursed group that came from the giants. 

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

I think so.  Moss just wasn't any good.  The day he was acquired he had 63 walks and 57 Ks for the Giants in 115 innings.

By the way, it's great to see you back on the board. I have learned a tremendous amount of baseball from you over the years. 

Archived