Twins bash Gausman, win 7-0

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

I don’t get Dozier’s sanctimony. It’s a 1 hitter. Yes, the O’s could still rally. Very unlikely, but screw Dozier and Berrios if they think they’re entitled to a 1 hitter.

They were not forced to shift. Bottom line. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Adam Eaton has scored more runs than the Orioles this season.  The offense needs to wake up.

2qkv410.jpg

Just because every good fire needs an accelerant, here is the current team offensive standings. Don't worry, it's not difficult to locate the Orioles. 

On an unrelated note, how about that Dodgers-Giants series? Really stifled one another offensively.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Don't shift with a six run lead in the ninth.

Problem solved.

Now, every team knows that Sisco can lay down a quality bunt against the shift.  That might be to his benefit over the course of the season.

Bingo!!! If you are going to shift to prevent hits, you can;t get upset when someone takes advantage of it. I hope this happens more often so we can get rid of these stupid shifts.

2 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

What's the "code" for a seven run lead? B| That's what the Twins had at the time. #askingforafriend

You got me. It’s something stuck in Dozier’s craw is all I know. I guess they want a team to lie down and die and let them have the last few outs of the 27 as unfettered as possible. #NewRules

The Stewie Griffin Compliment Sandwich... (with an Orioles twist).

Sic4keoyiWjpFHUSUUwxlkWp6Sj_g4S2xARu-SJV

Something Good: Sisco bunting against the shift for a hit.

Needs Improvement: Gausman was terrible to start the game. He needs to figure out FAST what his issue is. There can't be a repeat of his start to last season.

Something Good: Brach with a clean inning. Hopefully that gets him some confidence next time he's closing.

1 hour ago, NashLumber said:

You got me. It’s something stuck in Dozier’s craw is all I know. I guess they want a team to lie down and die and let them have the last few outs of the 27 as unfettered as possible. #NewRules

Someone needs to introduce Dozier to this quote from Earl Weaver on finishing baseball games and then tell him to get bent.

"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all."

It would be one thing if the O's were up six and tried to bunt for a hit. Bunting for a hit when you need baserunners is completely strategically appropriate in that situation. Good for Sisco. Hopefully the Twins do not retaliate, that would be an idiotic reason to put someone's career at risk.

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

I thought the whole series except for the Jones walkout was pretty telling and frankly pretty dreary.No one is really hitting. The defense  was average to poor and save for Bundy all of the pitching except for an inning here or there was pretty horrible.Im not sold on this Rasmus starting thing.Santander either...they certainly don't warrant long patience...Schoop looked mostly lost all weekend, same with Davis who has yet to even hit the ball hard. I know its laughably early, but Im not laughing.This already looks like the team that sleepwalked to the finish line last year. If Gausman and Cashner don't pitch well this is a cellar team..but thats just my view.

The team looks SLEEPY. Bad approaches at the plate. Sloppy fielding. They all have that "Joe-Flacco-Down-Two-Touchdowns-In-The-Fourth-Quarter" expression on their face. Not good. Gotta wake up.

Archived