2018 Mike Wright

Frobby

On 2/24/2018 at 9:44 AM, Frobby said:

I dunno.   Decent fastball but not much movement and mediocre command of it; very mediocre secondaries.    I’m not so sure I’d say he has the tools to be good.   

Except maybe a "pitcher's body" (unlike Chris Lee).

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Got through 2 IP allowing only one hit today, but it sounds like he wasn’t that sharp — 16 of 31 pitches for strikes.    

And the last out, a deep fly almost over Adam Jones' head.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Got through 2 IP allowing only one hit today, but it sounds like he wasn’t that sharp — 16 of 31 pitches for strikes.    

How was the velocity?  They said on the radio his first outing was very cutter heavy.  I'd rather see the Mike Wright we saw a glimpse of out of the pen last year.  Sitting Mid 90's with a good slider.  

1 hour ago, now said:

And the last out, a deep fly almost over Adam Jones' head.

The wind was pushing everything out. 

11 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How was the velocity?  They said on the radio his first outing was very cutter heavy.  I'd rather see the Mike Wright we saw a glimpse of out of the pen last year.  Sitting Mid 90's with a good slider.  

He was mixing in off speed pitches a good amount today.

6 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

My buddy on a discord server I'm on is an Astros fan. Liked what he saw in Wright, but said he'd be better set in the BP than starting. 

https://discord.gg/BpWemHe

Here's the invite to the discord server. 

I haven't noticed the uptick in stuff that you see with a lot of guys when they move to the pen and can let loose for an inning or two.

If his stuff out the pen is the same stuff he has starting I don't know if there is a role for him on a competitive club.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I haven't noticed the uptick in stuff that you see with a lot of guys when they move to the pen and can let loose for an inning or two.

If his stuff out the pen is the same stuff he has starting I don't know if there is a role for him on a competitive club.

We didn't see the cutter last year, I don't think

Archived