Anyone else slowly growing tired with Buck?

Rene88

13 hours ago, Nevermore said:

You are correct that Ubaldo had worked his way back into the rotation the end of August and was red hot through the month of September.  If he hadn't done so well,  the Os  (or is it "O',s" )      xD  never would have gotten into the WC at all.

Having said all that , once Buck had made that WC game move of putting Ubaldo in, instead of Zach, once Ubaldo had given up 2 singles, Buck should have taken Ubaldo out immediately - some days even the best pitchers just don't have their stuff. Then put Zach in.

No Zach should have pitched first.  When you run out of relievers than you put Ubaldo in.  

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Rick, nice to see you join the boards!  I'm a big fan of your restaurant, and I have would probably have fond memories of the 1983 World Series if I was alive then.

Best of luck on any future interviews in the warehouse.......I'm sure this 3rd (or is it 4th?) time it will finally happen for you!

6 minutes ago, O's #1 said:

Rick Dempsey

Why are we assuming Buck will be fired after 6 games?  As for Dempsey? No way on Gods earth would I want that man as manager. Seriously though someone that can work for Angelos. Assuming Brady is the GM. Wow what a disaster that would be. Buck with all his  missteps might be the best we can have. Whoever it is Angelos is still pulling the strings. 

18 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Hey Rick, nice to see you join the boards!  I'm a big fan of your restaurant, and I have would probably have fond memories of the 1983 World Series if I was alive then.

Best of luck on any future interviews in the warehouse.......I'm sure this 3rd (or is it 4th?) time it will finally happen for you!

Haha, you beat me to it.

Not saying Buck will be fired after 6 games, but if we don’t start playing we’ll, ne’ll probably be let go during the season or not long after the season. Remember, his contract expires at the end of the season. As far as Dempsey he had a winning record as a Minor League manager, that’s why I threw his name out there.

Here is my new lineup, starting when?

GM    Brady

Manger     Cal

Bench Coach    Bordo

Pitching      McGregor

Ist Base \infield       Brian R

3rd     Melvin Mora

Outfield coach     Nolan Reimold

Hitting      Eddie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.    lol

42 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Bobby Valentine, come on down!

I'm with this! If we aren't going to win, we might as well be entertained. My second choice is Gabe Kapler's bench coach. What we need in this organization is better communication:)

I highly doubt that Buck will be let go even if the O's hover around last place in the East. They'll wait till the end of the season, and even then I have doubts he would be fired. JMHO and I have no idea who I would want to replace Buck.

Archived