Yankees beat up Tillman and Pen for 8-3 win

Tony-OH

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2018/04/07/yankees-beat-up-tillman-and-pen-for-8-3-win/

The Orioles were short-handed in the pen, but what did you think of Buck's decision to keep Tillman on the mound over 100 pitches?
Are Yacobonis and Cortes major league pitchers?

None of the pitchers you mentioned are major league pitchers!

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2018/04/07/yankees-beat-up-tillman-and-pen-for-8-3-win/

The Orioles were short-handed in the pen, but what did you think of Buck's decision to keep Tillman on the mound over 100 pitches?

Tillman lost his stuff, Yacabonis needs an "out" pitch and work on control, and Cortes might fully be ready in a year.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I think Yacabonis goes down tonight and Scott is called up.    Cortes will get more chances to show what he can do.

2 minutes ago, cheecks said:

I still can't believe how bad Tillman has gotten so quickly. What happened to him? He looks so hittable.

He is working his way back from a shoulder injury.  40 degree weather is probably not the best to see a optimum performance from him.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

He is working his way back from a shoulder injury.  40 degree weather is probably not the best to see a optimum performance from him.

Right, a shoulder injury he suffered back in 2016 and pitched with last season.

He isn't injured.

29 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Tillman lost his stuff, Yacabonis needs an "out" pitch and work on control, and Cortes might fully be ready in a year.

If Tillman had thrown 100 pitches after 6 then Buck did mess up by not taking him out earlier. 

43 minutes ago, cheecks said:

I still can't believe how bad Tillman has gotten so quickly. What happened to him? He looks so hittable.

Different arm slot, lost velocity, lost spin rate, lost angle on his curveball. Likely all due to the shoulder issue from late 2016 which may have permanently compromised his shoulder.

4 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I understand why Tillman is the story line, but the lack of offensive production is frightening.  Even if we get some pitching, it's going to be hard to win games when you have difficulty cracking three runs.  

Three runs is about what you can expect against Sonny Gray and the Yankees bullpen, no matter what offense is out there. 

I think we are having better at bats this series.  The Twins/Astros series's were brutal to watch. 

6 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Three runs is about what you can expect against Sonny Gray and the Yankees bullpen, no matter what offense is out there. 

I think we are having better at bats this series.  The Twins/Astros series's were brutal to watch. 

Coming into today, Gray had made 12 starts with the Yankees.  The opponent scored 4 or more in 8 of those games.

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

Coming into today, Gray had made 12 starts with the Yankees.  The opponent scored 4 or more in 8 of those games.

Bit of a small sample size.  

I'll take his career over 12 games in NY. 

Archived