Frobby

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Frobby said:

As of this last homestand, attendance stands at 1,374,221.   With 13 home dates remaining, the O’s will need to average just shy of 10,000 a game to reach 1.5 mm for the year.   The remaining games are:

OAK - 3 weekday games

CWS - 3 weekend games

TOR - 3 weekday games 

HOU - 1 weekday, 3 weekend games.

I’m guessing they’ll clear the 1.5 mm mark pretty easily, but fall well short of 1.6 mm.

Hoodie and the Vest promotions have sold some tickets on the two home Saturdays left.They should go over 1.6 but barely .Everything go right I see about 1.61m or 1.62m.

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Hoodie and the Vest promotions have sold some tickets on the two home Saturdays left.They should go over 1.6 but barely .Everything go right I see about 1.61m or 1.62m.

That would be the lowest mark since 1982 (1,631,031).  Of note, the previous season, almost two months of games were cancelled from June to August due to a player's strike.

43 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

That would be the lowest mark since 1982 (1,631,031).  Of note, the previous season, almost two months of games were cancelled from June to August due to a player's strike.

Yeah, pretty damned great season, though, even though the O’s fell short on the final day.   

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

As of this last homestand, attendance stands at 1,374,221.   With 13 home dates remaining, the O’s will need to average just shy of 10,000 a game to reach 1.5 mm for the year.   The remaining games are:

OAK - 3 weekday games

CWS - 3 weekend games

TOR - 3 weekday games 

HOU - 1 weekday, 3 weekend games.

I’m guessing they’ll clear the 1.5 mm mark pretty easily, but fall well short of 1.6 mm.

i spoke to my friend and he said my numbers for a little over 1.6 were slightly high. He thinks about 1.58 to perhaps if all goes right 1.6 tops. He has about 200,000 tickets will be sold.  A little more or a little less. Looks like lowest since 1978 of a full season played. That year only drew a little over 1 million. With that the Orioles will still finish ahead of about four to six teams. Marlins averaging about 10,000 a game and will still make a good profit.

When you think of how poorly the O's play, I'm surprised even at these numbers. Credit due to the architecture, concessions offerings, and visitors from other cities.

Q: Even in bad seasons, is there an uptick of fans coming out to see new players and prospects?

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

When you think of how poorly the O's play, I'm surprised even at these numbers. Credit due to the architecture, concessions offerings, and visitors from other cities.

And people who bought season ticket packages because they love the Orioles no matter what and/or incorrectly thought they might contend this year.    

I think next year’s season ticket sales will be a disaster.    I, for one, am dropping out of my season ticket group.    

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And people who bought season ticket packages because they love the Orioles no matter what and/or incorrectly thought they might contend this year.    

I think next year’s season ticket sales will be a disaster.    I, for one, am dropping out of my season ticket group.    

Next year will really see the attendance drop.I got a survey when I said I will not renew. Then asked would you go for a six,eight or 10 game plan.Also asked about a holiday six or four pack.They know what is going to happen My rep said it has been a horrible year for him and is expecting it  to crash next year.

I guess they will still get the 125,000 or higher tickets sold to Yankee and Red Sox fans . Imagine attendance next year without them.

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Next year will really see the attendance drop.I got a survey when I said I will not renew. Then asked would you go for a six,eight or 10 game plan.Also asked about a holiday six or four pack.They know what is going to happen My rep said it has been a horrible year for him and is expecting it  to crash next year.

I guess they will still get the 125,000 or higher tickets sold to Yankee and Red Sox fans . Imagine attendance next year without them.

In my case, I will still go to some games, I just don’t want to commit to them in advance.   I only used my tickets for myself 2-3 times out of 8 this year due to schedule conflicts and threatening weather.   I managed to give them away to friends/family about 4 times and just ate them a couple of times.    Next year I’d rather just wait for weekend games when I know the weather is going to be good and pick up some tickets on game day or the day before, and only buy the number of tickets I’ll use.    No more fighting DC traffic on weekdays, no more wondering whether that 50% chance of thunderstorms from 6-8 pm is going to delay or postpone the game, no more using 2 out of 4 tickets.    Not for this team, right now.

I'm actually looking forward to next year.  Hoping over the season to see an infusion of younger players.  By season's end, we could have an outfield that includes some combination of Diaz, Mullins, McKenna, and Hays.  That would downright excite me.  Mountcastle could be on the team.  Villary will bring a different skill set than we've seen in the past on this team.  We'll see, but I'm more likely to go to games next year than I was this season.

12 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Even in a rebuild with patient fans...there has to be a desire to want to see the Oriole players perform. I do not believe theres a single player on our roster that is compelling enough for a family of four to plunk down good money to see play.Fan loyalty is one thing..but Its still an entertainment business, thats why people continue to come out to watch Tom Cruise. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I understand the reality of a rebuild...but if theres not an exciting and entertaining team to watch... people will "DEFINITELY NOT COME, RAY." 

I feel the need
The need for team speed
200.gif

13 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Even in a rebuild with patient fans...there has to be a desire to want to see the Oriole players perform. I do not believe theres a single player on our roster that is compelling enough for a family of four to plunk down good money to see play.Fan loyalty is one thing..but Its still an entertainment business, thats why people continue to come out to watch Tom Cruise.

So should the Orioles sign Cruise? I’d definitely pay to see that.

Archived