Frobby

Absolutely no reason IMO to buy season tickets in any sport anymore, unless your team is a perennial playoff contender. Tickets in the LF upper deck should be $5 for all Mon-Thurs games all year long. Another suggestion I have is an upper deck LF/standing room "season pass" allowing fans to attend all 81 home games and sit anywhere in those areas for no more than $100 or so. I'd consider that. Otherwise I'll continue buying tickets ad-hoc, at my convenience, at prices that are always lower than the season ticket prices via StHub.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Wow. Is it because of the state of the Orioles, the travel of coming up during the week or a mixture? I knew you were talking about it but this is the first time I've seen you say you are out. 

I've had free tickets to give away from every Hangout night and can't give them away. I still enjoy going with my kids and staff (mostly weams) but I have to say I've left early a few times already and that would never happen in the past.

It’s a mix of things (see my subsequent post), but the state of the team is only a secondary factor.   

The interesting phenomenon is, the fewer people that have season tickets, the less you need to have them.   I first got season tickets when OPACY opened, because it was really the only way to guarantee you could get into a game.    Then I had them to guarantee access to nice seats close to the field near the infield.   Then I had them to have priority if the team made the playoffs.   But right now, playoffs aren’t in the picture and I could get good seats in the lower bowl at a moment’s notice.   So why commit to specific games way in advance and have all the hassle?

Plus, now I can finally get to a couple of Hangout Nights next year, if we’re still doing them.  

The team has no star power whatsoever once Jones leaves.  They're a AAA team in a world-class stadium, I'm three hours away and the alcohol is cheaper in my house.  I might pick up a season ticket plan and make some weekend trips but I am going to squeeze my rep very hard and if I don't get a good deal it's not a loss to me.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It’s a mix of things (see my subsequent post), but the state of the team is only a secondary factor.   

The interesting phenomenon is, the fewer people that have season tickets, the less you need to have them.   I first got season tickets when OPACY opened, because it was really the only way to guarantee you could get into a game.    Then I had them to guarantee access to nice seats close to the field near the infield.   Then I had them to have priority if the team made the playoffs.   But right now, playoffs aren’t in the picture and I could get good seats in the lower bowl at a moment’s notice.   So why commit to specific games way in advance and have all the hassle?

Plus, now I can finally get to a couple of Hangout Nights next year, if we’re still doing them.  

That would be great. I think the last time you came to a Hangout night it was 2012!

13 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

That would be great. I think the last time you came to a Hangout night it was 2012!

12 hours ago, weams said:

He came and sat with me at one in 2015 that's for certain!

It’s amazing, over the years it seems like at least half the Hangout Nights came on nights when I already had tickets, or where I had tickets the day before or after.   Won’t be a problem next year!

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Ah, good times!    That was an early one, no?

Pretty sure that was 2012 when we moved our seats down to lower bowl, section 8. That was a good game, we oranged out the section before people were wearing orange a lot. We made the video board after a home run and we were high fiving if I remember correctly.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Pretty sure that was 2012 when we moved our seats down to lower bowl, section 8. That was a good game, we oranged out the section before people were wearing orange a lot. We made the video board after a home run and we were high fiving if I remember correctly.

I know I went to the September game where Manny pulled the “don’t throw it away...don’t throw it at all!” play and Davis carried McLouth around like a small child after he got the walk off hit.

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I know I went to the September game where Manny pulled the “don’t throw it away...don’t throw it at all!” play and Davis carried McLouth around like a small child after he got the walk off hit.

I was there too. Even though it's not exactly the same, I always referred to that play as the "status of Liberty" play. Just because it made me think of the 2007 Boise State team.

1 minute ago, Mondo Trasho said:

I was there, too. Even though it's not exactly the same, I always referred to that play as the "Statue of Liberty" play. Just because it made me think of the 2007 Boise State team.

o

That was the 2006 Boise State team.

o

Archived