vs. TIGERS, 4/17

OFFNY

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• He’s made 7 at 3B in 37 games.  Not great.  Meanwhile you hope Holliday who’s made 10 errors in 38 games at 2B is up sometime this year.
    • Hays is not a plus LF.  Urias is not a plus 3B.   The biggest difference in defense is probably between Cowser and Kjerstad in LF.    You just talked about pitchers struggling and defense.  If that’s the case you don’t replace Cowser with Kjerstad in LF.
    • Are we talking about Norby at 2B or LF?   He’s not going to be playing everyday at either spot and probably hardly at all at 2B.   I honestly don’t know how he is in LF.  He looked fine the few times I’ve watched Norfolk games and Tony seems to agree.   He was always an “average at best” or “offensive 2B” but no one ever called him a liability there. I don’t ignore the struggles of Holliday.  I also don’t ignore the improvements of Rutschman, Henderson, Westburg after an initial adjustment period.  Cowser seems to still be going through it.  If you want the best team come October you can stick with what you know with Urias and Hays.   I’d rather take my chances with Mayo and Norby. As far as depth, I’ve got Westburg, Mateo, and Norby at 2B with Holliday at Norfolk.   At 3B I got Mayo and Westburg.   In LF I got Cowser, Kjerstad, Norby with Billy Cook at Norfolk.   Are worried about not having three 3B?
    • I think the timing for Kjerstad coming up is understandable.  Cowser has struggled for a pretty long time and doesn’t have the track record of hitting in the past at the major league level like Hays and Mullins.  However they aren’t going to litter the whole lineup with Kjersted, Mayo, and Norby at the same time because they are all below average defensive players.  At least not right now.  You don’t solve a diminished pitching staff hit with injuries by making the defense around them significantly worse.  
    • I don’t care if he can be average. He isn’t now.    The kid has made 10 errors in 45 starts on the dirt. 
    • I’m against him being up if he rides the pine. I’m assuming he plays.     
    • If Norby has a good glove you don’t think his prospect status would be higher? Why aren’t teams clamoring for the kid? You are real down on Hays and you are entitled to your opinion but the guy was a starter in the ASG last year.    Mayo is a bat first player with super upside.    It is June 24 and a long way to go. Who knows about injuries. Why weaken your depth?   The team leads in the AL in runs scored. You talk about the kids ignoring the struggles of Holliday earlier in the year. Santander may be gone next year. Urias could be. I don’t care about next year. Their time will come. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now