Here's the Top 100 prospects in Baseball. Who could we land at the deadline without giving up Bundy or Trey?

FanSince88

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Those who think Jones doesn't have trade value are fooling themselves.  There are a lot of teams who would love to have his power, defense and leadership.  He might not get a top 100 but he can get back useful prospects.

You're out of your mind if you think Jones is good at defense.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not one team is going to give anything of value back for Davis.

Not one team is going to give anything of value back for Trumbo.

I think I'd settle for no value just to get rid of them and not have to eat the rest of the contract.

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The OH Armchair GM collective does a masterful job of trashing the problems with the team and then wanting to turn around and work on hypothetical trades for players they were just dissing 5 minutes earlier.  I've never seen anything quite like it before.

That's truthy truth right there. 

44 minutes ago, weams said:

Not the deadline.  Tomorrow.

Agreed.

When you get to the point, in April, where it feels like you have to sweep an entire 10 game home stand in order to remotely have a chance for the remainder of the season...   yeah, it's time to let the league know, all offers will be considered.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

He had more when he could throw 100.

I'm sure you will have takers but I think enough of a bloom is off the rose that you can't get a top guy for him.

Also can’t have him throw more breaking pitches since he doesn’t have a breaking pitch

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Because he's not the defender that he once was.  He hasn't had an OPS over .800 since 2013.  

Don't get me wrong, I love Jones but he's not exactly on the upswing of his career.  I think if we were to deal him we would get some middling prospects back but not anyone we could view as core guys.  Certainly guys on the lower end of the 100 list and probably more likely outside of the 100 list.

Remember, the Orioles aren't the only game in town, either.  We act like we're the only fans that would like to trade some of our players.  Is Jones going to be the only outfielder on the block come the deadline?  Probably not.  Are there players that'll be on the block that are younger, better and have more upside?  Remains to be seen.  

We gave us Davies for Parra.. so anything's possible.  That said, i honestly don't think the Baltimore Orioles, as they currently exist, will really consider trading Jones.  He the fan-fave.

Archived