Better Win Tomorrow

Aristotelian

The Indians fooled me last September 11/12/13 when we were hanging by the skin of our teeth and I had the gambler's fallacy thing going of, they've already won 15 in a row, they aren't going to win 18 in a row.

They're a true talent 90+ win team whose had some bad luck in terms of results in the early going, and we...are where we are.  I'd sign up in blood for a split, and hope to get the healing going in the Tampa/Detroit part of the homestand.  I think 1 win is the likeliest outcome, but am worried 0 is ahead of 2 for second place.

9 hours ago, allquixotic said:

At least a sweep at the hands of the Indians should really help cement our position as sellers this season; if our record is bad enough coming into the trade deadline, maybe even Dan “The Retooler” Duquette might sell a player. Or two.

Dan needs to be relieved of his duties.

5 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Dan needs to be relieved of his duties.

Really the entire organization should be gutted. Dan's the least of our problems. Although I'd feel happy for him to be fired so he could find a better job in an organization that knows what it's doing.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Really the entire organization should be gutted. Dan's the least of our problems. Although I'd feel happy for him to be fired so he could find a better job in an organization that knows what it's doing.

Yes but in reality - they are not going to fire Buck.  No idea who can replace Roger or Coolbaugh right now.  Brady is I guess untouchable.  Something needs to be done.  Firing Dan would be the first step to rebuild this org.  Then start moving some of these players.  Let Buck maybe have more control so we can get him to come back.

14 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

...because Tillman is starting on Saturday.

I don't get it. We will be lucky to get 1 of 3 against Cleveland.

Splitting or losing a series now is NOT AND OPTION if they want to climb back in it. Every split or lost series digs the hole potentially deeper, and quite frankly it's deep enough.

IT'S PUT UP OR SHUT UP TIME!

Archived