When Trumbo is ready....

wildcard

11 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Santander DL? He can’t be sent down for another 20 some games or whatever. Unless you want to send him back to Cleveland.

I was thinking that Trumbo wasn’t going to be ready until Santander’s 20 days are up. If he’s ready before then well someone else will get optioned. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

I was thinking that Trumbo wasn’t going to be ready until Santander’s 20 days are up. If he’s ready before then well someone else will get optioned. 

Aha... well, that makes sense yes. Assuming you think Trumbo is a better player than Santander. He will have to be significantly better with the bat than he was last year there, because his outfield defense is comical.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Aha... well, that makes sense yes. Assuming you think Trumbo is a better player than Santander. He will have to be significantly better with the bat than he was last year there, because his outfield defense is comical.

When is Trumbo projected to be back? Won't he do another rehab assignment first?

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Oh, no way am I saying put him in RF. What you probably see is one or Alvarez or Valencia get DFA’d. 

It might be time to give Mullins a chance in RF. Hays is obviously still working on some things, which is fine. Mullins would make games a lot more fun to watch.  Plus that guy is all heart.  He might be a little spark plug.

22 minutes ago, weams said:

When is Trumbo projected to be back? Won't he do another rehab assignment first?

Around May 1st. They can always send down a reliever and try to get by for around 10 or so days. They have two off days  in that period ,so might be able to get by with a smaller bullpen. Then send down Santander when he can  go down.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Personally I’d be in no hurry with Trumbo.    He’s missed a lot of time and will need to get his timing down even if he’s healthy.    

Listening to Buck yesterday or maybe the game before, in his pre-game, it seamed like his focus was to not expect a quick rehab and back here playing soon.

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Listening to Buck yesterday or maybe the game before, in his pre-game, it seamed like his focus was to not expect a quick rehab and back here playing soon.

Yeah, sounds like a ten game rehab is a possibility. 

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Interesting.   There are still 5 to 7 days before Trumbo is ready.   Let's see if Davis continues this.

Don't know what this means other than he's been showing some slight signs of life lately. But I don't know why one would expect Trumbo to be any better. He was terrible last year and terrible in ST.

20 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Its over.  It was over before it started.  This was never a competitive team.  As I have noted in another thread the Blue Jays have just vastly out performed the Orioles organizationally over the last three years and the Red Sox spent $80 million more on their roster.  

No sense it getting rid of a player that has shown progress for nothing.  And it's not three weeks.  It was somewhere around 45 service days at the begining of the season.

May 12th if my calculations are correct. 

17 hours ago, wildcard said:

Unless Trumbo reinjuries himself, he will be back way before May 12th.

Yeah, I expect so.   But it would be nice to see him hitting well in the minors, rather than just reflexively calling him back as soon as he’s played X number of days.   

Archived