O's claim Jace Peterson

interloper

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Ryan Flaherty is hitting like.270 for the Braves. I never said Jace is the reason we are bad...but he's just not a real major league player in my opinion...and I hope he proves me wrong..

Look at the Lowther video that ~d put up in the minor league forum. Now that's a ballplayer.  Peterson does field well at third. Nice arm too. 

7 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Ryan Flaherty is hitting like.270 for the Braves. I never said Jace is the reason we are bad...but he's just not a real major league player in my opinion...and I hope he proves me wrong..

He's hitting .258, never came close to doing that here and I'd expect his average at the end of the year to be somewhere where it was for us.   I liked Flaherty as a utility guy, don't see why Peterson can be a utility guy for us moving forward.  

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like Petersons game. Hes not the reason why were terrible. Weve seen a lot worse as a utility player. Its not his fault that hes been forced into everyday action because of how bad we are. 

He plays both the IF and the OF, and he can steal bases. When have we had a Utility guy like that ???

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Ryan Flaherty is hitting like .270 for the Braves. I never said that Jace is the reason we are bad ...... but he's just not a real Major League player in my opinion ...... and I hope that he proves me wrong ......

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's hitting .258, never came close to doing that here, and I'd expect his average at the end of the year to be somewhere where it was for us. I liked Flaherty as a utility guy, but I don't see why Peterson can be a utility guy for us moving forward.  

o

Yeah, Flaherty got off to a blazing hot start to the season, but he has been ice cold since.

He batted .365 with a .450 OBP in 60 Plate Appearances in the first 3 weeks of the season.

Since then, he is batting .181 with a .262 OBP in 80 Plate Appearances.

o

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like Peterson’s game. He’s not the reason we’re terrible. 

There is no single reason we’re terrible.    But the guy had a .568 OPS and a negative WAR before today.    He’s been more part of the problem than part of the solution.    

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's hitting .258, never came close to doing that here and I'd expect his average at the end of the year to be somewhere where it was for us.   I liked Flaherty as a utility guy, don't see why Peterson can be a utility guy for us moving forward.  

Peterson is a bad infielder defensively.   I don't see why we can't find a better utility infielder than him. 

I don't mind Peterson I just don't get the logic behind having him on the team. So he can play a lot of positions? I don't see that as valuable on a team thats 30 games under .500. At this point his at bats should going to guys like Dosch, Nunez, or even Wilkerson. 

If they perform the same it's a wash and if they perform better you found a piece of the puzzle for the future. 

11 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

I don't mind Peterson I just don't get the logic behind having him on the team. So he can play a lot of positions? I don't see that as valuable on a team thats 30 games under .500. At this point his at bats should going to guys like Dosch, Nunez, or even Wilkerson. 

If they perform the same it's a wash and if they perform better you found a piece of the puzzle for the future. 

Peterson was a better prospect than any of those guys.  If you can give him at bats and turn him into a Util you do it.

13 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Peterson is fine with me.  I would DFA Pedro, Rasmus, and even Gentry before Peterson.

o

(vs. NATIONALS, 6/19)

NUMBER 2

JACRYAN PETERSON

JACRYAN PETERSON

JACRYAN PETERSON

JACRYAN PETERSON

JACRYAN PETERSON

JACRYAN PETERSON

JACRYAN PETERSON

o

• 4 months later...