Sisco removed from game (5/1 edition)

Legend_Of_Joey

Sisco was removed from the game tonight (5/1) after getting a forearm shiver from Pedro Alvarez on a pop up in foul territory on the 3rd base side. He was knocked out briefly before getting up and walking off the field slightly under his own power, after being checked on.

Caleb Joseph came in to catch.

Nothing said on Sisco right now (because the game is still going on.) If he is DL'ed, Austin Wynns is the only healthy option. Andrew Susac was swinging a fire of a bat, but is on the DL due to an ankle injury. I don't know how healthy he is, but he *should* be eligible to be off the DL Wednesday.

This injury obviously comes at an unfortunate time, as Sisco was hitting better than Joseph and showing a lot of improvement behind the plate.

Pasting a tweet doesn't want to work for me...

Sisco doesn't appear to have a concussion, seems to be swelling around his nose. Will be evaluated tomorrow morning to see if anything creeps up. Buck thinks he could play tomorrow, but will make plans to have another catcher there just in case.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Pasting a tweet doesn't want to work for me...

Sisco doesn't appear to have a concussion, seems to be swelling around his nose. Will be evaluated tomorrow morning to see if anything creeps up. Buck thinks he could play tomorrow, but will make plans to have another catcher there just in case.

So if the bring up a C who do they drop?

6 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

So if the bring up a C who do they drop?

I guess it depends on the severity of Sisco.

If something creeps up and they feel he could be out for a week with a concussion, there is the 7 day DL for him.

Otherwise, they could DL Valencia, retroactive to 4/29.

Facial contusion.  No signs of concussion reportedly.  I'm not sure how that is possible considering he was knocked out.  My understanding is that you suffer a concussion anytime you are knocked out.  

10 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Facial contusion.  No signs of concussion reportedly.  I'm not sure how that is possible considering he was knocked out.  My understanding is that you suffer a concussion anytime you are knocked out.  

That is what I thought too. He was knocked out and had that "glazed over" look when he got back up.

I hope they don't screw up.

4 hours ago, ChuckS said:

But that doesn't mean that any time you are knocked out that you suffered a concussion.

5 hours ago, ChuckS said:

My understanding is that you suffer a concussion anytime you are knocked out.  

25 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

But that doesn't mean that any time you are knocked out that you suffered a concussion.

Uh, pretty sure that’s exactly what it means.   Talk about tautologies!

Unless he has a hearing issue, I'm not sure how Sisco did not hear Alvarez calling for that ball. On top of it, that's always going to be the third baseman's ball. 

Sounds like he's going to be fine, but goodness gracious, he needs a little more awareness during popups.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Unless he has a hearing issue, I'm not sure how Sisco did not hear Alvarez calling for that ball. On top of it, that's always going to be the third baseman's ball. 

Sounds like he's going to be fine, but goodness gracious, he needs a little more awareness during popups.

He might of had tunnel vision. 

Hopefully this was a self correcting error.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Perhaps he was overcompensating for the fact that he let two drop in the other time.

Archived