FEEL the power of the Dark Side...

Frobby

My husband and I are fans of the O’s and Nats. We have a 13 game plan with the O’s and usually get to 1 Nats game a year.  Except for lately we switch back and forth between games on TV.  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Frobby said:

I live 19 miles from Nats Park, 42 miles from OPACY....most of my friends, neighbors and office mates want to talk Nats, not Orioles... Nats are a well run organization, O’s are totally dysfunctional... Nats are on a 6-game winning streak, O’s have lost 4 in a row and may never win again....Nats will probably contend for several more years at least, O’s are heading for the abyss....

Maybe it’s time I, er....shifted priorities.    I don’t know if I can spend 5 months watching a hapless team playing out the string....

I live a 20 minute subway ride from the devil's den it's self Yankee Stadium. Every one around me is a MFY fan They are on a 14 out of 15 roll, are an exciting team full of young up and coming stars with a congenial young manager, in a dog fight with the hated Sux. Nothing could be more tempting if I were not an O's fan for low these 63 years. I can't abandon them now in their time of trouble. That would be like some corrupt senator, who shall remain nameless, divorcing his wife when she got cancer.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If the Astros and the O's are playing later this year and the Astros need the win for home field advantage/win the division, who are you rooting for?

You must have missed this....

2 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

I feel after watching the Astros for the past three or four years they better represent how I feel a team should be run. But I have yet to give up on the Orioles. 

27 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

This characterizes most American Sports Fans IMO.  We are a disloyal, fickle bunch and only like to be a part of something if it makes us feel good.  The type of fan that frequent message boards and hangs onto every insignificant move a team makes don't tend to be in that category though.  

I grew up in Northern Virginia and always wished DC would get a team and my initial plan before they arrived was to root for the Nationals as my secondary team, but once they came here I just couldn't do it.  The mind can't force what the heart doesn't want. 

So I'm stuck with these losers.  

Same here.  I'll watch them occasionally but I can't stand National League baseball.  

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

BTW, I think it's hilarious that anyone would downvote Frobby for this, or anyone who has a minor interest in the Nats.  Some of you need to get over yourselves.

I got a. Bunch of down votes for suggesting Buck should be fired.   Why shouldn't he be down voted for abandoning the team to become a Nationals fan?  Not that I would down vote anyone.   Seems childish. 

Can the O's position players and the Bowie Baysox's just... swap? I'd love for a bunch of older, "failed" players to finally get a chance at the bigs -- for them a dream come true -- alongside some of our legit young talent who will get there soon anyway. And basically none of our veterans are playing like they deserve to be in the MLB -- like, at all.

17 hours ago, tntoriole said:

I did root for the Bullets and still to this day root for the Wizards...if Baltimore had replaced an NBA team, I probably would have shifted over.   But I was a huge Wes Unseld fan and it kept my interest. 

I also rooted for the Clippers but not the Capitals.  And the Bays...lol. 

Yes sir, I too was a Clippers fan of the AHL and the Bays soccer team.

1 hour ago, gmelson26 said:

I mostly hate what they've done to the Orioles by being in Washington.. like really hate.

And what kind of name is the Nationals?   It as if they didn't even try to come up with a good name. 

3 hours ago, atomic said:

And what kind of name is the Nationals?   It as if they didn't even try to come up with a good name. 

I could never be a fan of the Walgreens Nationals. Isn't their W the Walgreens symbol?  And that name-teams are named after things. National is not a thing.

I, too, hate what their presence has done to the Orioles.

Archived