Orioles hire new COO for Business Opps

Deadwood Fan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you're on pace to lose 115 games, they need industry experts to try and help with future promotions and ticket sales. Someone said in the "Rock Bottom" thread..the 2019 season ticket sales have to be trending to a new low.

14 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

May indicate changes in ownership control which will impact baseball side.  

When attendance has been nosediving for three years (even before the team itself took a downturn), it’s about time for some fresh ideas on the business/marketing side.    Hope this guy is good.   

5 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

When you're on pace to lose 1115 games, they need industry experts to try and help with future promotions and ticket sales. Someone said in the "Rock Bottom" thread..the 2019 season ticket sales have to be trending to a new low.

9 minutes ago, Deadwood Fan said:

La Canfora has indicated more changes are coming the next 6 to 8 weeks. 

There is a lot of smoke right now. They are trying to get the MASN mess resolved. I find it hard to believe a hire like this happens if a sale is imminent. My guess is the sons made this hire.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

When attendance has been nosediving for three years (even before the team itself took a downturn), it’s about time for some fresh ideas on the business/marketing side.    Hope this guy is good.   

Sure but there is a lot going on right now. The owner is getting older and talk is the sons taking on more power. 

I don’t see anyone taking a job like this unless they know they have a job for awhile.  

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Sure but there is a lot going on right now. The owner is getting older and talk is the sons taking on more power. 

I don’t see anyone taking a job like this unless they know they have a job for awhile.  

That’s what contracts are for.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s what contracts are for.   

And the people hiring him will be around for awhile also. 

There is no talk the team is for sale. I think this is a John and Lou hire. Trying to get the MASN situation resolved. At some point Peter will have to turn over the reigns officially. 

I think things are setting up for John and Lou to officially take over. 

Archived