WTEM 980 interview with Jerry Crasnick about the O’s

Frobby

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The Angelos' are not selling the team. If you want to hope for something, hope that the sons are better than their father. 

On a somewhat related note I've been watching "Succession" on HBO and it's hitting way too close to home. 

"The series follows the powerful Roy family, led by patriarch Logan (Brian Cox), a Rupert Murdoch, media baron-type who controls an international conglomerate. But from the very beginning, the show sets up the complicated power dynamics between Logan and his children, all of whom seek power and respect, and have very deep-rooted daddy issues."

I've never read a word indicating that the Peter Angelos and his kids are not on the same page about the Orioles. For the last ten years it seems there has been very little gossip in the press about the Angelos' at all. Occasional speculation but not from very reputable sources and even the speculation hasn't included infighting in the family. 

I do not believe the Angelos sons will sell the team. If they do, it will be to a group with major Baltimore ties. Say what you want about the Angeloses ... and I have... they do care about Baltimore and want the team here. 

I could see Kevin Plank leading a group or Cal Ripken. 

Archived