Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

7 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Also a defense problem.  I wouldn't be surprised if the ERA of the entire pitching staff would be a run per game lower if they had a decent defense instead of this thing they've cobbled together this season.

Good defense would definitely improve team ERA.  So many singes, doubles and triples falling into the outfield this season.  Even an average defense would make an impact. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

Hey the O's can have Manny back just PONY UP in FA 66 games from now ?

I can see it now. One gloomy January night, Peter, on his sick bed, reveals to his sons the existence of pirate treasure that he knows the whereabouts to. The map, written in an obscure Karpathos Greek dialect, ambiguously shows the buried booty to be someplace in the suburbs of San Pedro de Macorís, the Dominican Republic. The brothers give Brady Anderson the mission  of retrieving the booty and also establishing a bobble head and snow globe manufacturing job training center as a good will gesture.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know the Callis story behind his hate/dislike for the Orioles? It's been going on for several years. Did he work for the Orioles at one time or interview for a job and was turned down?  He never says anything nice about the Orioles.  It's interesting how his interview went on mlb network reviewing the players we received.  He said something like nobody above average and when they posted each players key stats on the screen for everyone to look at he said stuff like Bannon is okay and Pop is okay and Kremer is okay and was okay with Diaz. Valera he was okay with.  Before they posted their key stats on the screen he was totally down on who we received.  Anyone know why he dislikes the Orioles? Someone on the radio told the story one time.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Thanks. Was hoping this would force something with Tillman.

The O's have now officially thrown in the towel on 2018, so expect to see Tillman given another - perhaps extended - chance to contribute.  Successful?  I'm not holding my breath, but I'm no longer outraged at the stupidity of the contract either.  Let all the loose ends, save Davis be tied up by October.  That includes Trumbo in my ideal world.

Just now, 24fps said:

The O's have now officially thrown in the towel on 2018, so expect to see Tillman given another - perhaps extended - chance to contribute.  Successful?  I'm not holding my breath, but I'm no longer outraged at the stupidity of the contract either.  Let all the loose ends, save Davis be tied up by October.  That includes Trumbo in my ideal world.

Tanking with Tillman might not be the worst thing in world.