John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, AZRon said:

It is my observation that Adam Jones is in "self-protect" mode when playing in right field.  He has now started 21 times in that position. I see him avoiding walls, diving attempts and full speed efforts.

Agree or disagree?

Agree, a few games ago with Mike Wright on the mound he barely jogged after a ball that landed along the RF line for a double. Ignited a 3 run rally in a game the O's eventually lost 3-0

Later I saw him strike out on a ball the catcher missed, and then as the catcher frantically tried to locate the ball, which was just under his feet Adam turned and walked to the dugout. The catcher looked confused when he picked up the ball and almost threw it to first even as AJ was walking towards the dugout.

He has completely checked out and it is sad to see. I'll never understand why he subjected himself to playing out the season on a 115+ loss team when he could have had 8 weeks of a pennant race.

35 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Agree, a few games ago with Mike Wright on the mound he barely jogged after a ball that landed along the RF line for a double. Ignited a 3 run rally in a game the O's eventually lost 3-0

Later I saw him strike out on a ball the catcher missed, and then as the catcher frantically tried to locate the ball, which was just under his feet Adam turned and walked to the dugout. The catcher looked confused when he picked up the ball and almost threw it to first even as AJ was walking towards the dugout.

He has completely checked out and it is sad to see. I'll never understand why he subjected himself to playing out the season on a 115+ loss team when he could have had 8 weeks of a pennant race.

No one knows but him. 

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I hope they don't have a deal in place and that the future GM is currently working for another team.

That's my hope, but to pull that off, John or Lou Angelos is going to have to pull back the Wizard of Oz curtain that is currently shielding the owners of this team and lay out publicly who is in charge and how things have changed and will change. It needs to be a wholesale organizational shift, otherwise, who is even going to interview with this franchise? We barely got anyone to take the job last time, and while things mostly worked out with Duquette, we've now returned to pretty much the same place if not worse.

If they don't do something pretty drastic to change minds within the industry about how things operate within the Warehouse, they are going to get declined offers and declined interviews like they did last time.

37 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Maybe he did and she put her foot down. No moving to Philly. I do wish John would say who the GM will be. Inquiring minds would like to know. 

I believe he did not want to uproot the family twice in close order or leave the sons at such a young age for any length of time. 

Archived