John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

Adam Jones has posted solid numbers thus far (.758 OPS), Yet, as an impending free agent, the soon-to-be 33-year old will be one of the key O's players that will garner plenty of trade speculation.

• What sort of return do you expect on whatever Jones trade is made?
  • Will he even be traded?... and... Would we offer him a Qualifying Offer, if he is not dealt?
  • What teams out there seem like a solid match for a trade?

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jones probably has a bit more value than some think.  His leadership abilities are very real and that's something that will be attractive to teams in a race.  His bat definitely still has some hits in it.  His contract is just about up.  Would he be willing to be moved to be a COF?  Because I don't see him playing CF anywhere but here.

I think you could land maybe a B and C prospect for him.  You're not getting any studs, but maybe a few guys in teams' 8-20 prospect list.

I'm trying to think of recent trades of an average rental outfielder. Maybe Parra for Davies? I'd be happy if they got an mlb ready 4th-5th starter for Jones. Maybe they could package him with one of the relievers. 

Which contenders even have a need for an OF? The Angels, maybe the Mariners and Diamondbacks 

20 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I'm trying to think of recent trades of an average rental outfielder. Maybe Parra for Davies? I'd be happy if they got an mlb ready 4th-5th starter for Jones. Maybe they could package him with one of the relievers. 

Which contenders even have a need for an OF? The Angels, maybe the Mariners and Diamondbacks 

Those are the teams that come to mind, especially LAA and Ariz.

Here are some trades involving non-superstar outfielders in recent years.  

Last year:

To KC:  Melky Cabrera;   to CWS:  AJ Puckett and Andre Davis

2016:

To Rangers:  Carlos Beltran;  to NYY Nick Green, Erick Swanson, Dillon Tate

To Braves:  Matt Kemp;  to Padres:  Hector Oliveras

To Blue Jays:  Melvin Upton Jr;  To Padres:  Hansel Rodriguez

2015:

To Blue Jays;  Ben Revere;  To Phillies:  Jimmy Cordero, Alberto Tirado

To Orioles:  Gerardo Parra;  To Brewers:  Zach Davies

To Cardinals:  Brandon Moss;  To Indians:  Rob Kaminsky

To Angels:  David Murphy;  To Indians:  Eric Stamets

To Angels:  Shane Victorino;  To Red Sox:  Josh Rutledge