Brewers- It's On

section18

1 hour ago, Morgan423 said:

Seriously.  If one of you guys has a decent knuckleball, you can pitch in Gausman's slot for the rest of the season, for all I care.  ?

New fan promotion...”Fan Pitcher night”   You too can have a one day, major league contract...tryouts at 4pm before gates open, game at 7. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gausman is an average pitcher at best and Schoop has atrocious OBP skills. Strong arm, average overall defensively and range isn't great. Career .745 OBP and 100 OBP+. There is absolutely NO chance the Brewers trade Hiura or anything close to it for these two. That would be insanity. People should temper their expectations a bit here. They could get a solid package, but no way we're getting Hiura unless the Brewers are seriously worried about his elbow. Even then, Hiura has outstanding potential with the bat and I doubt they'd sell so low on him.

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

Gausman is an average pitcher at best and Schoop has atrocious OBP skills. Strong arm, average overall defensively and range isn't great. Career .745 OBP and 100 OBP+. There is absolutely NO chance the Brewers trade Hiura or anything close to it for these two. That would be insanity. People should temper their expectations a bit here. They could get a solid package, but no way we're getting Hiura unless the Brewers are seriously worried about his elbow. Even then, Hiura has outstanding potential with the bat and I doubt they'd sell so low on him.

The national league is wide open. The brewers are 2.5 GB in the division and lead for the WC.

schoop and Gausman are both major league players who can help them win now.

Hiura is a minor league player who doesn’t help them win right now. Trading him for Gausman or Schoop would not be selling low.

13 minutes ago, Sessh said:

I bet Gausman looks like a top starter in the NL. 

Hiura is a pipe dream IMO.  If the Brewers wanted to deal him, they could get better than Gausman and/or Schoop in a package IMO.

IMO, not that we couldn't use a good OF prospect, but that is mostly what the Brewers have - Phillips, Ray, Lutz.  Not confident in Erceg.

I would think a deal for a controllable asset includes Burnes and one of Ortiz/Phillips.

I think the Rockies are a better fit - Welker represents a nice blocked asset - though there is not much depth to their pitching prospects.

18 minutes ago, Sessh said:

I disagree.  Gausman has pitched in Camden in AL East...his “average pitching” immediately becomes better than average in the NL..and Milwaukee will be locked into the another Arrieta lottery ticket idea. 

And Schoop is blistering hot at the moment and can carry an offense when he is like this.   And they both come with years ahead.

No way their number one prospect does not return and two lesser prospects. 

Archived