Brewers- It's On

section18

Just now, tntoriole said:

I disagree.  Gausman has pitched in Camden in AL East...his “average pitching” immediately becomes better than average in the NL..and Milwaukee will be locked into the another Arrieta lottery ticket idea. 

And Schoop is blistering hot at the moment and can carry an offense when he is like this.   And they both come with years ahead.

No way their number one prospect does not return and two lesser prospects. 

No way? Hiura is a top end prospect. I definitely think it's possible he wouldn't be coming back. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Gausman is an average pitcher at best and Schoop has atrocious OBP skills. Strong arm, average overall defensively and range isn't great. Career .745 OBP and 100 OBP+. There is absolutely NO chance the Brewers trade Hiura or anything close to it for these two. That would be insanity. People should temper their expectations a bit here. They could get a solid package, but no way we're getting Hiura unless the Brewers are seriously worried about his elbow. Even then, Hiura has outstanding potential with the bat and I doubt they'd sell so low on him.

Gausman is above average pitcher.  No way he is traded unless return is outstanding.  If we can't get Hiura than keep Gausman.   

5 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Gausman is an average pitcher at best and Schoop has atrocious OBP skills. Strong arm, average overall defensively and range isn't great. Career .745 OBP and 100 OBP+. There is absolutely NO chance the Brewers trade Hiura or anything close to it for these two. That would be insanity. People should temper their expectations a bit here. They could get a solid package, but no way we're getting Hiura unless the Brewers are seriously worried about his elbow. Even then, Hiura has outstanding potential with the bat and I doubt they'd sell so low on him.

I am concerned about Hiura. I know he's an elite prospect, for good reason (his offense). But from everything I've read -- including some armchair analysis by his superfan college manager -- he could get moved off second base, to left field... even if his injury issues don't crop up again (unlikely, IMO). That would significantly change the equation for me. 

I would put more of a premium on plus defenders going forward. I am not interested in watching a team of offense-first position players, personally. I love elite defense. I really hope we purposefully pursue ONLY players with good defense. And by all accounts, Hiura is average, defensively. 

I think I'd rather get back Burnes or Peralta, plus the young SS Brice Turang (who once threw a 104-MPH rocket from center field), plus C Payton Henry, and spread the risk/talent across multiple top-tier prospects, versus their (possibly over-valued) shiny object. 

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Gausman is above average pitcher.  No way he is traded unless return is outstanding.  If we can't get Hiura than keep Gausman.   

Honestly ...I think we get Hiura, Burnes, Phillips , and a couple more.

for Gausman and Schoop

30 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Gausman's cheap and under control for another 2 years, if we're tossing in Schoop as well then we'd better get Hiura or we should hang up the phone.

7 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

No way? Hiura is a top end prospect. I definitely think it's possible he wouldn't be coming back. 

Good grief...a veteran, coming into prime years major league pitcher from the AL East with two and a half years of control and a guy who was the AL Allstar second baseman last year who is one of the the hottest hitters in the AL in recent weeks also with a year of control, but one injured  prospect is somehow not remotely possible?   Pass...

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

You thought we might get Diaz, May and Lux for Manny, didn't you?

Difference is Manny is a free agent after this season and Gausman has two more years of team control.  Either you get top prospects or you keep him.  Can always trade during off season

Archived