Wow! I just had an amazing dream!

higgybaby

With the direction of the new leadership from the angelos boys, I dreamt that the orioles made a surprising and huge splash by outbidding everyone and resigning Manny Machado to a MLB record smashing 10 year contract for over $350 million dollars. 

I know it’s just a dream but wouldn’t that be amazing. 

2 hours ago, higgybaby said:

With the direction of the new leadership from the angelos boys, I dreamt that the orioles made a surprising and huge splash by outbidding everyone and resigning Manny Machado to a MLB record smashing 10 year contract for over $350 million dollars. 

I know it’s just a dream but wouldn’t that be amazing. 

I understand your sentiment, but that would not be amazing for me. Manny is a good talent, and I wish him well, but that type of signing would be a step backward right now for the seemingly new direction of the franchise. Dan has made it clear they will cut some payroll in order to repurpose that money to scouting and international talent. Let’s do that first and when we are bursting with young talent, then maybe you spend on a bigger contract.

5 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Manny is not worth 350 million dollars. I am so glad that the Orioles will not be the team giving him that contract. I absolutely do not miss the guy. Big long term contracts rarely turn out well. Chris Davis is the perfect example.

With all due respect, 30 - 36 year old Chris Davis and 26 - 35 Manny Machado really aren't that comparable.  It's apples and oranges, even in the before signing period.

But again, the odds of us trying to resign Manny are tiny given the direction we're going now.  So it's not really a concern.

1 hour ago, Morgan423 said:

With all due respect, 30 - 36 year old Chris Davis and 26 - 35 Manny Machado really aren't that comparable.  It's apples and oranges, even in the before signing period.

But again, the odds of us trying to resign Manny are tiny given the direction we're going now.  So it's not really a concern.

I don't know whether any of the above were real sleep dreams, daydreams or just fun posts, but I swear to god that i had a dream last night that included the name Nagrom (per your post in another thread.) I can't remember clearly anymore how that was part of my dream, but it was in there!

Archived