August Trade Stock Watch

ScGO's

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are more likely to cut Davis than Trumbo. Trumbo might be traceable next year at deadline of someone has an injured slugger and Trumbo is hot. I’m all for exposing Mancini to competition and letting Beckham go. 

4 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I think they are more likely to cut Davis than Trumbo. Trumbo might be traceable next year at deadline of someone has an injured slugger and Trumbo is hot. I’m all for exposing Mancini to competition and letting Beckham go. 

Is it worth holding onto Trumbo until the deadline next year for a few million in salary relief and a C prospect?

If I can't get a taker by the end of Spring Training he's gone.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is it worth holding onto Trumbo until the deadline next year for a few million in salary relief and a C prospect?

If I can't get a taker by the end of Spring Training he's gone.

Oh, I’m on board with that plan. I’m just thinking out loud about what Orioles might do. I would love to have Davis and Trumbo off the roster by opening day. If Davis shows no life in spring training, then cut him.  Of course I will be shocked if they do that. 

Just now, Ohfan67 said:

Oh, I’m on board with that plan. I’m just thinking out loud about what Orioles might do. I would love to have Davis and Trumbo off the roster by opening day. If Davis shows no life in spring training, then cut him.  Of course I will be shocked if they do that. 

I don't think it's a viable plan when it comes to Davis.  I think he gets a good hunk of next season at the very least.

5 hours ago, atomic said:

Props to DD for getting nothing for Gausman by packaging him with O'Day?  So you want us to package Bundy with Trumbo and get nothing in return? 

3 down votes for something everyone knows? I think I will just post on MASN boards from now on.  People on here have no clue about baseball.  

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

3 down votes for something everyone knows? I think I will just post on MASN boards from now on.  People on here have no clue about baseball.  

You thought we should have waited a week to trade Britton because it would have increased his value

If Trumbo finishes well it's not inconceivable that he be moved in the off season.  Not for anything too valuable but still.  Same with Cashner.  Givens could fetch a decent prospect.  Cobb and Bundy, with the multiple years left, are our 1 and 2 for 2019, which is fine.  Someone has to pitch and if they do well they could bring a nice return at the deadline.  Jones, Gentry, Valencia, Beckham, etc. will just disappear soon.  The only problem on the entire 40 man is that Davis disaster.  Pete wanted him, Pete gotta pay him, preferably to be somewhere other than Baltimore.

Archived