Dan to Roch: “I’ve been told by ownership that the club’s going to take the payroll down significantly. "

weams

They lie lie lie, and all you little sheep believe it, believe it, believe it. It is so funny to see all the caping for the worst owner in all of sports. I totally believe Pete was digging in his own pockets for the past 5 (12 actually) years while controlling the #4 combined RSN markets of TWO teams!! He told me so! This fanbase deserves every single thing it is going to get over the next 5 (10? 15?) years while they are "diverting hundreds of millions to scouting".  I bet you believe that too. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Per Forbes, it has gone up just about every year.   Up 2% in 2018 to $1.2 bb (21st on the list).   But you never really know until you try and sell it.

And heck. Jeter might want a club. 

7 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

They lie lie lie, and all you little sheep believe it, believe it, believe it. It is so funny to see all the caping for the worst owner in all of sports. I totally believe Pete was digging in his own pockets for the past 5 (12 actually) years while controlling the #4 combined RSN markets of TWO teams!! He told me so! This fanbase deserves every single thing it is going to get over the next 5 (10? 15?) years while they are "diverting hundreds of millions to scouting".  I bet you believe that too. 

Call us sheep again please. 

26 minutes ago, weams said:

It doesn't.  The value of top end franchises does.  It's Baltimore. The gods will not save you.

As long as they get an equal cut of the national tv, playing card, video games and other revenue, I'd be surprised if they aren't going up in value each and every year - especially if they ever do a big deal with EA Sports.  And then there's the potential for gambling revenue.    

8 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

As long as they get an equal cut of the national tv, playing card, video games and other revenue, I'd be surprised if they aren't going up in value each and every year - especially if they ever do a big deal with EA Sports.  And then there's the potential for gambling revenue.    

If they do a deal for gambling revenue, it’ll be time for the HOF to take another look at Joe Jackson and Pete Rose (not that I’m looking to start an HOF debate here).

17 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Maybe someday. But now? They are losers in every aspect. There are no rich men or heroes here. 

On 8/14/2018 at 6:02 AM, weams said:

I buy beyond the market. Significantly. The market may be permanently damaged. 

Yes, if the MASN dispute slides the way the team doesn't want it.  Outside of that, the Orioles have fielded a top 10-12 payroll for the bulk of the time since 2005 at the least (minus a couple seasons here and there) and it was again in that range.  The myth that Angeles doesn't spend isn't true from a certain point of view.  The problem is that we spend it on things that aren't smart investments.  

We’ve already seen the first payroll driven move. O’day to Atlanta to lessen are return. 

I expect that we may non tender Beckham, Rickard, and Joseph. 

Trumbo and Cashner could be trade-able in a salary dump. Cashner might actually bring a little back. 

We’re stuck with Davis. Cobb too likely till next trade deadline if he pitches well. 

Bundy, Givens, Villar, and Bleier are all trade candidates for next year’s deadline. 

On 8/14/2018 at 3:20 AM, Can_of_corn said:

I never believe teams are operating at a deficit.

I went to grad school with an accountant who had done his internship with a MLB team. The stories he told about how they sauté the books would confirm your every belief.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, TradeAngelos said:

Kind of a jerk post.

Archived