This is one of the worst teams ever

Canson80

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Gee Roy, with all that sunshine and positivity, you must really love the fact that some of the young guys are playing quite well on this trainwreck.

I enjoy Nunez and Villar and Wynns and Tanner Scott. 

16 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Not just a bad team, a completely unloveable, uninteresting team to watch too. 

Davis and Trumbo and Caleb, Beckham and Gentry? Absolutely.  But I like watching Villar, Mullins, Nunez, and even Mancini.  Call me crazy but I like watching Cobb's starts.

16 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

If you’re referring to the Miguel Tejada and Erik Bedard trades, those happened in 2007-2008 offseason. We’re talking about four years later and we never had a farm system worth a dang. Otherwise I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

EDIT: In fact, the top four pitchers by WAR in 2012: O’Day, Chen, Hammel, and Gonzalez  were all Duquette acquisitions, plus Luis Ayala. He spun a 4.4 bWAR pitching staff into a 22.6 one. I find it hard to believe that anyone could say Duquette inherited everything from MacPhail. That’s fake news pal.

Great post, and a point not made on here enough IMO.

2 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Davis and Trumbo and Caleb, Beckham and Gentry? Absolutely.  But I like watching Villar, Mullins, Nunez, and even Mancini.  Call me crazy but I like watching Cobb's starts.

13 out of 23 starts were Quality, and his last 7 games was 2.14 ERA, damn, thats right, we cant use ERA when discussing pitching. :)

53 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Davis, Trumbo, Caleb, Beckham and Gentry ??? Absolutely. But I like watching Villar, Mullins, Nunez, and even Mancini. Call me crazy but I like watching Cobb's starts.

o

I like the fact that his last 7 starts combined (in which he has a 2.14 ERA and a 1.079 WHIP) could very well be an indicator of the pitcher that we will see next year, as opposed to the Cobb that we saw in his first 3 starts of the season (when he had no Spring Training to work with.)

Since those first 3 starts, 16 out of his next 20 have been non-disastrous.

And if that winds up being the case, I would like to keep Cobb around for 2020 and 2021 also (the length of his current contract with the Orioles), through the current rebuild and next franchise Renaissance. 

o

18 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Not just a bad team, a completely unloveable, uninteresting team to watch too. 

While they are a bad team I disagree with everything else.  Since the Machado trade they have become loveable and interesting.  How can you not love the Mullins story?

Archived