On the verge of infamy

vab

6 hours ago, JR Oriole said:

Maybe the best part of that 4-32 stretch is they actually won a series in there.  They beat Boston 2 out of 3 in Boston.....a Red Sox team that won 93 games that year. 

I honestly did not remember that. So they went 2-31 in the other 33 games. Something really hard to accomplish in MLB.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Good News: The Orioles didn't lose today.

Bad News: The Royals did and closed to within 1/2 game in the battle for last place. It's crowded at the bottom. 

The 2018 Baltimore Orioles - not only do we lose but we'll probably lose at losing. It doesn't get more inept than that. 

Both of these teams are absolutely pathetic.  No major league team, regardless of on paper talent, should ever be this bad.  The fact that there are two of them is ridiculous.  Looking forward to the series in KC next weekend.  We will have one Royals win, one Orioles win, and one rainout that will never be made up.....so as to ensure that neither team wins 2 games in the series. 

So I was just checking the standings to see who was currently in line for a playoff spot, and I noted that Boston has already won 90 games with a week left to go in August!  That's astounding, IMO, especially when you consider that no other team has hit 80 yet.  They're truly having a historic season, for all the right reasons.

Then I noticed the O's have already lost 90, and I could do was laugh my a$$ off at the juxtaposition.  Smh....*sigh*

16 hours ago, JR Oriole said:

Both of these teams are absolutely pathetic.  No major league team, regardless of on paper talent, should ever be this bad.  The fact that there are two of them is ridiculous.  Looking forward to the series in KC next weekend.  We will have one Royals win, one Orioles win, and one rainout that will never be made up.....so as to ensure that neither team wins 2 games in the series. 

The totally movable body against the completely resistible force.

7 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Orioles need to set their pitching rotation for the KC series...I say Dylan Bundy, a callup for Jimmy Yacabonis and a spot start for Miguel Castro.  Is it too late to give Tillman another chance?  

Ol Yacy is starting game 1 tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Orioles need to set their pitching rotation for the KC series...I say Dylan Bundy, a callup for Jimmy Yacabonis and a spot start for Miguel Castro.  Is it too late to give Tillman another chance?  

Like I said before the Royals will beat us.  If they keep it within 3 runs when our starter goes out our bull-pen will hand them the win.  

Archived