O's 2019 schedule

Going Underground

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

When we get Schoop back, he won't have to attend.The Schoop clause.Those who get traded at the break and come back do not have to attend Fanfest. I know some fans wont like the taste of this but it's a wash.Maybe mouthwash.. 

Like a qualifying offer isn’t eligible for free agents who were traded. 

Makes sense. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness FanFest should be great this year. Many games this year the  attendance was lower than the promo giveaways. Should be some nice leftovers in those lines.

Seeing some younger players there as well will be nice. Who knows, maybe a new manager and or GM. I’m guessing attendance will be down, so shorter lines. I missed last year, first one I have missed in years.  

2 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Sweet! The Orioles will be in Boston for Patriot Day.  It would be a shame if Buck misses the 7 PM Friday game followed by the 4 PM Saturday game, 1 PM Sunday game and the the 11AM Monday game.

I'm curious why Boston gets a special home date every season.  Does any other team get this type of special treatment?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm curious why Boston gets a special home date every season.  Does any other team get this type of special treatment?

I have wondered that myself.  Shouldn’t the Orioles get the 4th of July for the Star Spangeld Banner?

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

There aren't a lot of states that have a state-specific holiday during the baseball season.

However, Maryland has one.  Defenders Day, September 12, commemorating the defense of the city during the War of 1812, is a legal holiday in the State of Maryland and the City of Baltimore.

I suppose that, if the Orioles wanted to, they could make an argument that they have as much right to play at home every Defenders Day as the Red Sox have to play at home every Patriots Day.

We're looking at a K.C./StL road trip on 8/29 and 8/30.  Fly in on Friday, catch the O's play in KC., and the drive across the state to see the Cardinals host the Reds.  Still have to determine the order.

Don't we have another state holiday, Maryland Day?

To commemorate when the Ark and the Dove landed in Southern MD for the first settlement in Maryland?

I want to say it's in May???

The random details I can remember from Miss Gerwig's 4th grade Maryland history class, 44 years later...

Archived