DJ Stewart and Carroll are called up

eddie83

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Last home game.  ?

Not to get way off topic but I am a bit surprised what they did to Jones in Tampa. Trumbo getting hurt in essence freed a spot they would have cleared with Jones being dealt.

I know at the end last year Trumbo sat some but unless they were going to do it again with him what were their plans?  To sit Jones for an entire series to me made no sense. They created a story that did not have to be created. Heck give Trey one day off in order to play him. I  think starting Jones even for one game from a PR standpoint made sense.  

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Not to get way off topic but I am a bit surprised what they did to Jones in Tampa. Trumbo getting hurt in essence freed a spot they would have cleared with Jones being dealt.

I know at the end last year Trumbo sat some but unless they were going to do it again with him what were their plans?  To sit Jones for an entire series to me made no sense. They created a story that did not have to be created. Heck give Trey one day off in order to play him. I  think starting Jones even for one game from a PR standpoint made sense.  

Guess he should have accepted the trade.

I'm fine with Jones sitting on the road.

I don't think anyone was at the Trop to see Jones.

Well, no one was at the Trop either way but you know what I mean.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm fine with Jones sitting on the road.

I don’t mind him sitting here and there I just think the team needs all the positive PR they can get. There are ways to sit Jones some and still see other players they want to see without it being so obvious.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

I don’t mind him sitting here and there I just think the team needs all the positive PR they can get. There are ways to sit Jones some and still see other players they want to see without it being so obvious.  

As long as he plays at home I don't think it matters.

Not many folks watching real close.

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I assume you were being tongue-in-cheek, but that's the conspiracy nonsense that Fast Eddie wrote about in today's paper.   Give me a break, Eddie.  Why would the O's want to alienate Jones of all people? Secondly, it's not like the Orioles were going to get a big return on a 1-2 month rental on Jones.

6 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

I assume you were being tongue-in-cheek, but that's the conspiracy nonsense that Fast Eddie wrote about in today's paper.   Give me a break, Eddie.  Why would the O's want to alienate Jones of all people? Secondly, it's not like the Orioles were going to get a big return on a 1-2 month rental on Jones.

I wasn't saying that they were benching Jones because he refused the trade, I was saying that if playing time was the reason he refused the trade he might not be doing better here than he would in Philly.

The O's tried to give a veteran player his likely last chance at playing in the playoffs. AJ turned it down for reason only he understands and he will most likely regret for the rest of his life. He will be lucky to get a ML contract next year. He is basically a .700 OPS DH. Worked out well for Joey Bats, he should send AJ a big thank you.

Archived