Jim Callis sums up the O's really well

wildcard

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I have not listened to the podcast.   But if I recall from other articles quoting him, he didn’t like any of the trades very much.  For example, he said he was “underwhelmed” by the Manny trade.    The general consensus was much more positive.   

In this interview he admits that he was underwhelmed with the Manny trade but now after listening to others he says he is whelmed. Mostly because others have told him that rents don't return that much.

1 hour ago, Whammer said:

O's need to hire Callis or Rosenthal or Gammons or  some-other-random-baseball-blogger as their next GM. They're drop-dead experts with all the things the O's are doing wrong.

I think it would hard for anyone to do worse than the Orioles did this year.  I am not sure why you are defending the ways the Orioles are doing things.  They have 43 wins on the season and were trying to be competitive this year.  

Callis admits that after talking to GM's around the league that the Machado trade isn't as bad as he originally thought.  

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think it would hard for anyone to do worse than the Orioles did this year.  I am not sure why you are defending the ways the Orioles are doing things.  They have 43 wins on the season and were trying to be competitive this year.  

Callis admits that after talking to GM's around the league that the Machado trade isn't as bad as he originally thought.  

A few things. If the Orioles want to get innovative they can hire the Hangout as the next GM. Already have a Scouting Dept, Lawyers, Analytics, and pretty much everything else you would need. Getting a Consensus for decisions may be a tall order.

How can a veteran reporter not do his research before he posts an article? Seems a little odd to me.

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Are you saying the O's stink this year? Thank you Captain Obvious. 

Just now, Whammer said:

Are you saying the O's stink this year? Thank you Captain Obvious. 

I thought you didn't realize that as you were mocking reporters for reporting on the team.  I guess you would prefer they ignored the team.  I am also guessing you didn't even bother to listen to the interview. 

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

Why do you think I am defending the O's trades?

8 hours ago, Whammer said:

Don't really need to listen to this. Already know what he'll say. From list below, please check all that apply:

- O's got robbed in deadline trades, especially the Gausman deal

- O's front office in absolute chaos

- O's farm system stinks

- O's can't develop players even if they have talent in farm system

- Victor Victor ceiling is  Soto/Acuna unless the O's sign him. In that case,  he projects as a 4th OF.

- Blah, blah, blah

#DeadHorseBeaten.

Or, Gentry.

?

3 hours ago, atomic said:

More and more over the last couple years, I think Callis likes the sound of his own voice.

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is there ANY evidence of the O's not spending all their allotted money since the draft slots were implemented?

I remember they selected Hobgood. I remember money/sign ability as being big reasons. I kno that selection was a total waste of the draft pick, the money, and the wasted roster spots. I hate to back Atomic ever but the Orioles have done a lot of stupid decisions in the last 20 or so years.

That said, the fact that they are currently foot dragging on DuQuette and Showalter is just plain stupid.

If they were replacing them it shouldve been done and if they were keeping them that should've been announced also.

9 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I remember they selected Hobgood. I remember money/sign ability as being big reasons. I kno that selection was a total waste of the draft pick, the money, and the wasted roster spots. I hate to back Atomic ever but the Orioles have done a lot of stupid decisions in the last 20 or so years.

That said, the fact that they are currently foot dragging on DuQuette and Showalter is just plain stupid.

If they were replacing them it shouldve been done and if they were keeping them that should've been announced also.

Hobgood was a signability pick but...

They dropped a million(995K) on Ohlman.

They dropped a million on Coffey.

They dropped 800K on Givens.  (The Givens signing took them over their budget for that draft).

They spent 8.8 million on that draft.  The money that didn't go to Hobgood went to Ohlman and Coffey.

That draft ended up a mess but not because the O's were cheap.

8 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I have 2 words for you...

ROLL TIDE!!!

Let's put up ANOTHER 50+ points against some poor saps.tenor.gif?itemid=5869612

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

BTW we have no idea if they are dragging their feet on Dan and Buck.  It's possible they have known their fates for months.

You wouldn't expect anyone to say, "Ya, I've been told I'm gone after the season." would you?

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

BTW we have no idea if they are dragging their feet on Dan and Buck.  It's possible they have known their fates for months.

You wouldn't expect anyone to say, "Ya, I've been told I'm gone after the season." would you?

Expect? No, but I’d pay good money to hear Buck say that.

Archived