Dan Connolly - Four Primary Scenarios for Buck & Dan’s Future

TonySoprano

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Exactamundo.  This year was a bit of schadenfreude.  As the losses mounted, if they're going to be this bad, might as well see how low they can go.  If this becomes a multi-year trend, well, I have other uses for my limited entertainment dollars.

It's my team. Mine. 

I'm hopeful the Angelos family will sell the team. I'm hopeful that there is a group being formed right now that will approach the Angelos family and aggressively try to purchase the team.  Save us Cal Ripken and Kevin Plank! 

I have long said that the Orioles would not win a World Series with Peter Angelos as owner. They almost made me happy to eat my words in 2014. 

So, I don't think it matters what happens with DD and Buck and Brady if the Angeloses stay in power. I think it will be more of the same -- a poor chain of command, a commitment to putting only a decent product on the field, and continued legal fighting with MASN/MLB. 

I'm pretty pessimistic ... 

I wrote a letter to John Angelos concerning my feelings on the state of the Orioles and the impending decisions on GM/Management.  However,  I've yet to send it. I'm not sure it'll matter, and moreover I haven't got an email address. I reached out to John on Twitter but have yet to hear back from him.

I wonder if anyone in the front office reads this site?  I imagine they do, but I may be imagining things. ?

Hey, look, Connolly understands the possible outcomes of two coin flips.  Awesome.  

I loved the Showalter hire and think very highly of Buck.  He must go.  Really, he can't stay here and have this rebuild work.  

I'm torn on Dan staying.  I think he could do a proper rebuild if ownership leaves him alone but I like the idea of hiring a new rising exec even more.

Brady needs to GTFO, at least where it concerns making real decisions.  I think that's more possible in either case above because it sure sounds like Pete is the [only] one who cares what Brady thinks.

2 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

I'm with you two fine gentlemen.  I keep going back and forth if I want to renew my 13 game plan or not, and I think that final decision will be influenced heavily by the direction of the management in the months after the season ends.  

This post should be forwarded to the people in charge of ticket sales and the people who oversee them. Let’s them know people will vote no with dollars if things continue to look like a mess.

17 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Hey, look, Connolly understands the possible outcomes of two coin flips.  Awesome.  

I loved the Showalter hire and think very highly of Buck.  He must go.  Really, he can't stay here and have this rebuild work.  

I'm torn on Dan staying.  I think he could do a proper rebuild if ownership leaves him alone but I like the idea of hiring a new rising exec even more.

Brady needs to GTFO, at least where it concerns making real decisions.  I think that's more possible in either case above because it sure sounds like Pete is the [only] one who cares what Brady thinks.

It's not within Ownership's grasp of leaving their GM's alone, the last 25 years is enough info to end with that conclusion. MacPhail & DD (until Toronto happened) were given a measure of control within the structure that Mr. Angelos wanted. If you think this will change now that his sons are running the show then I hope it works out for us but it probably won't

6 minutes ago, TGO said:

I had forgotten that Louis Angelos helped Brady sign Tillman, Cashner and Cobb (from the Sun back in May, which seems like a decade ago: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-angelos-hierarchy-0523-story.html)

I would like to know why the Angelos sons both went to outstanding undergraduate universities but went to bottom of the barrel law schools. Something doesn't add up. 

49 minutes ago, Ripken said:

I take it you knew Dan and Lou Angelos work closely together.   You heard there were more grumblings from the veterans about Buck?  Buck and Dan don't necessarily get along?   Those were some of the takeaways.  Maybe you've seen a similar take from Tony or Ken Rosenthal, but not from a guy paid to be on the local beat.

14 minutes ago, atomic said:

I would like to know why the Angelos sons both went to outstanding undergraduate universities but went to bottom of the barrel law schools. Something doesn't add up. 

They went to the same law school as their father, so there's that.?

41 minutes ago, Ripken said:

The bolded does not seem correct to me. Both John and Lou like Brady from what I have read.

I'd get rid of all 3 but honestly have a hard time seeing Brady let go.

12 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

I take it you knew Dan and Lou Angelos work closely together.   You heard there were more grumblings from the veterans about Buck?  Buck and Dan don't necessarily get along?   Those were some of the takeaways.  Maybe you've seen a similar take from Tony or Ken Rosenthal, but not from a guy paid to be on the local beat.

They went to the same law school as their father, so there' that.?

One did and the other went to St Thomas law school.  Well at least that is what it states in the article.  

Archived