Sisco is at the park. Would you play him this weekend?

Legend_Of_Joey

Dan Connolly is the only one to report it so far, that Sisco is at Camden.

Due to his concussion from a foul tip by Welington Castillo, along with the resulting chin laceration, Sisco missed the last week+. He didn't travel to New York or Boston either.

With 3 games left, would you play him?

I wouldn't. Concussions aren't something to play with, especially a young catcher, who is more prone to taking a shot to the mask. You could have him DH, but what's the point? A game or two now isn't a big difference. I'd let him rest, recover during the off season and try to really reduce post concussion symptoms and avoid taking any shots to the head for now.

6 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Dan Connolly is the only one to report it so far, that Sisco is at Camden.

Due to his concussion from a foul tip by Welington Castillo, along with the resulting chin laceration, Sisco missed the last week+. He didn't travel to New York or Boston either.

With 3 games left, would you play him?

I wouldn't. Concussions aren't something to play with, especially a young catcher, who is more prone to taking a shot to the mask. You could have him DH, but what's the point? A game or two now isn't a big difference. I'd let him rest, recover during the off season and try to really reduce post concussion symptoms and avoid taking any shots to the head for now.

If you don't play him then he doesn't end the season with the ridiculously low CS% a poster postulated.  What was it 15%, 18%?  You have to let him catch and hope the Astros steal a dozen bases.

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you don't play him then he doesn't end the season with the ridiculously low CS% a poster postulated.  What was it 15%, 18%?  You have to let him catch and hope the Astros steal a dozen bases.

What idiot would think Sisco would catch so few runners?

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I'm guessing he suffered a concussion earlier in the year and they missed it until the recent incident. That might explain his play in Norfolk.

Better to play it safe with him. 

Good thought. Might of been when Alvarez gave him a flying elbow against the Angels.

Archived