October 4, 2016-Two Years Later

ShaneDawg85

40 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yeah pitching him any time in that game would have been fine.  Pitching Jiminez only when every other option has been used.  One of the biggest coaching blunders of all time and the team  has never recovered from it.  Buck should have been fired after that game.  

All of the hitters should have been fired after that game......they kept swinging at garbage and not getting hits.  I had no confidence that they could score again no matter who was on the mound. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, atomic said:

Yeah pitching him any time in that game would have been fine.  Pitching Jiminez only when every other option has been used.  One of the biggest coaching blunders of all time and the team  has never recovered from it.  Buck should have been fired after that game.  

The team never recovered from it, except for April-Aug 2017 when they were over .500 and within a couple of games of the last playoff spot. They all woke up on  September 1st 2017 and said "Damn that decision 11 months ago was poor, let's stop trying!"  

5 minutes ago, Palmoripken said:

Joe Saunders versus Yu Darvish as I recall. That was a great win.

That is exactly right.  We didn't exactly light Darvish up, but we did enough to win.  I think what helped us also was that Texas team completely collapsed down the stretch.  They had a 4 game lead after Game 156 and 6 games later, they had lost the division and became a wild card.  That team was shell-shocked and we took advantage. 

20 hours ago, JR Oriole said:

All of the hitters should have been fired after that game......they kept swinging at garbage and not getting hits.  I had no confidence that they could score again no matter who was on the mound. 

Yep that was the worst offensive performance I’ve ever seen. Our only hope was that someone got lucky and homered. 

Archived