All's Right with the World

MongoBoy

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

And they are still loaded to compete for the next 5 years. Yay. 

I was actually pulling the Yankees to beat the Red Sox. Can't stand seeing those pompous fairweather fans on tv.

Yanks are always public enemy #1 with me. Was glad to see them lose. Now go Astros. 

10 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

They used to be for me. Until Red Sox fans realised they had a team. I do agree...Go Astros 

I lost quite a bit of hate for Boston when Ortiz retired. I hated that bum.

Doesn't mean that I root for them, but I dont despise their every move, like the MFY

4 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

I was actually pulling the Yankees to beat the Red Sox. Can't stand seeing those pompous fairweather fans on tv.

I dislike the Yankees the most. I dislike the Red Sox fans equally to the NYers. 

5 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

The Yanks are sort of like rain in Oregon. On the rare winter day that you see the sun, you smile and enjoy the moment. Otherwise the rain just is.  It is elemental. It exists. It usually makes you wet, cold, and miserable. You push on.

The Red Sox, on the other hand, are just an annoying baseball team with annoying fans. I actively wish for their demise, shame, and humiliation.

2 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

The Yankees still have everyone beat in the bandwagon department as far as I can see. Glad they lost. 

And unless they get some pitching, they’re run is going to be similar to the O’s run of the past few years. 

But the Yankees have many real and knowledgeable fans. I'm convinced the Red Sox don't have one fan that could name a Red Sox player prior to 2004.

Do I like the Yankees? Nope not one bit. But for me it's like deciding what kind of STD I'd prefer. One that's always an annoyance   (the Red Sox) or one that just flares up (the Yankees).

o

I wouldn't go so far as to say all is right with the world, but it does give me a good deal of satisfaction to see the Yankees once again fall short of at least making it to the World Series ( which has happened 14 out of the last 15 years.)

My fandom is made up of (in this particular order)

1) lll Root for the Orioles ) *

2)  lll Root for the White Sox

3)  lll Root for the Yankees not to (at least) win the Pennant

* )) The biggest gap in these 3 rooting interests of mine falls between #1 and #2.

o

12 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

The Yanks are sort of like rain in Oregon. On the rare winter day that you see the sun, you smile and enjoy the moment. Otherwise the rain just is.  It is elemental. It exists. It usually makes you wet, cold, and miserable. You push on.

The Red Sox, on the other hand, are just an annoying baseball team with annoying fans. I actively wish for their demise, shame, and humiliation.

When I was a kid I knew with complete certainty that the Yankees were the embodiment of evil in the universe.  I think I was at this game, and I cried like a baby even though it was meaningless, the O's had already been eliminated.

I didn't harbor that kind of resentment for the Sox until much later.  I'll never get over the scenes around Camden Yards the night that Manny Ramirez hit his 500th homer.  The guy sitting a few rows in front of me, who'd regularly stand up and point to the Pedroia on the back of his I-think-I'm-hipster-cool green third alternate Sox jersey... he's burned into my brain.  It's a waking nightmare.

I'd be fine if both the Yanks and Sox went 36-126 for each of the next 20 years then went bankrupt and were contracted.

42 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

o

That was great.

I remember when Belushi did his Joe Cocker (Woodstock) imitation of With a Little Help from My Friends, rolling around on the ground with beer pouring out of his mouth.

Also, this is somewhat reminiscent of Eddie Murphy and Stevie Wonder, also from Saturday Night Live.

o

Archived